Lana Del Rey, I Think I Love You

My husband always calls me a "hater" because when I first hear a new album, I say "I don't like it" and a day later I know the lyrics to half of the songs.

When my husband burned me a CD of Lana Del Rey's album, I was reluctant, but he urged me to just listen to it. I popped the CD into my car and it was like love at first listen. It usually takes me awhile to "warm up" to new music....but I couldn't even fathom the album would be as amazing as it is. Finally, music that is different, interesting and beautiful. Her voice and lyrics are captivating, mysterious and almost haunting in some songs.

I google'd Lana Del Rey after hearing her music and I was stunned by how gorgeous she is. I think she's got a spot right up there with Kate Beckinsale on my "most beautiful women" list.  I will definitely be trying out some of her hair and makeup looks!


For anyone interested in her music, my favorite songs are "Born to Die," "Off to the Races," "Video Games" and "Radio." I love the entire album but those are standouts to me.

Here are some of my favorite Lana photos. I'll start off with some of the more glamorous ones (umm, is her hair amazing or what..!? Kind of makes me want to go red even though I'd never have the guts to actually do it!)


...and some more casual/non photoshoot shots:



All photos in this post are from: http://lanadelrey-.tumblr.com/ 
and
http://lana-delrey.tumblr.com/. I encourage you to follow
these sites if you love her as much as I do!)

Have you heard Lana Del Rey's album?  Are you as obessed with her as I am?  Total girl crush material.

Here is the video for her single "Born to Die"




Oh, and because I know people will ask/comment, no, I didn't think her SNL performance was awful.  I think her voice is beautiful. A lot of people think she is too "awkward," but that is what appeals to me---that she is not like everyone else and seems to be very humbled by how much people like her music.  I like that she stays true to herself and doesn't have all of these gimmicks. I like a Britney Spears concert as much as the next fan, but sometimes the simplicity of someone just singing (no dancing, back-up dancers, crazy sets and props) is so wonderfully refreshing.
xoxo,

Veronika.

0 comments:

Post a Comment