A Special Post: Baby Audric

I've never done a post like this before, but this story touched my heart and I hope it will touch yours too.
A local mom, Andria, who I met in the online world through wedding planning has a little boy, Audric who is 14 months old.  He was born with biliary atresia, a rare liver and gastrointestinal disease.Throughout his first year of life, he was hospitalized six times with gastrointestinal bleeding and infections.  His common bile duct was malformed and he was not able to drain bile. 

Audric had a kasai surgery October 13, 2010 to connect his bile liver straight to the liver to help drain bile. This surgery is a bridge to transplant. The kasai can last 30 years or fail immediately. The doctors cannot predict the result. Most children get a transplant within 5 years of having the surgery. His doctors decided that it was time for a new liver. He received his gift of life October 6, 2011, and was only on the waiting list 12 days. You can read more about the condition, here.

My heart goes out to this family---I'm not a mom yet, but I just cannot fathom how they must feel going through all of this with their baby who they love so much.  It really puts things in perspective.

This could be your neighbor's child, your brother or sister's child, your best friend's child---or your own child.  I'm helping to spread the word about Audric's story because as you know, transplants and medical treatment are very expensive. Audric's care needs are currently estimated at $50,000 (I know, that's a lot.)

I hate to say something so cliche, but really, ever dollar makes a difference. If you have a dollar (or five, or 10 or 20) to spare for this little boy, please consider donating to the special fund that has been set up for Audric through the Children's Organ Transplant Association.

If you can't donate at this time, please pray for this family and pray that little Audric will have no additional issues with his new liver.

Thank you very much for taking the time to read this, it is really appreciated by me and I know the family appreciates all of the love and support they've received during this difficult time
.

xoxo,

Veronika.

0 comments:

Post a Comment