Fall Into Denim

For the last few years, I have not been a huge fan of jeans.  I used to wear them a ton in high school and college and even when I first moved to Houston.  Then, leggings got really popular and I exclusively wore skinny jeans only for the last few years (so yeah, I wore jeans, but not often, and only black skinnies, which are basically almost like leggings). 80% of the time I am wearing dresses and skirts to work, so skinny jeans were a Friday thing or a weekend thing.

At one point, I tried to get back into wearing jeans, but I got so frustrated while trying them on. Nothing looked right on me and I just felt so defeated. I was also in between sizes at the time so one size was always too big and the other too small. Needless to say, I was over it.  I just gave up and wore my trusty black GAP "always skinny" jeans.

About a month ago, I finally made my way to Nordstrom Rack hoping I'd find a great pair of jeans for fall.  As I mentioned in my haul video, I tried like 30 pairs of jeans on.  It was crazy---but worth it! 

I ended up finding a pair I love---they are long, flattering, fit my hips and thighs perfectly  and create a nice silhouette with the large flare at the bottom.

They are the 7 for All Mankind "Dojo" jeans (I wore them to work last Friday):

Tank- Target
Top- Gilly Hicks
Jeans- 7 for All Mankind "Dojo"
Shoes- Ivanka Trump


Here are my tips for denim shopping:
  • Take two sizes of each brand and style that look appealing to you to the fitting room so you don't have to keep running back to get another size (if you're in a department store, you may get lucky and have a sales associate help with getting sizes!)
  • It's a process of elimination---try on each style and have one area in the fitting room where you put the "NO" jeans and one for the "YES" jeans--- then, when you are left with your "YES" pile, try all of those on again and decide which pair looks best
  • Try on styles you might not initially be attracted to---they could be the jeans that work best for your body shape
  • If you find a style that you are in LOVE with---ask if it comes in other washes or fabrics---some brands make the same styles in black or colored denim and corduroy---fun for fall!

    I hope this was helpful---do YOU have a favorite pair of jeans? What brand and style are they? Share in the comments below!

    xoxo,

    Veronika.
PS--- did you miss my weekend haul video? Check it out here!

0 comments:

Post a Comment