Key West Outfit Breakdown & Packing Tips for a Beach Vacation

I didn't list my outfits in my last post because it was already so photo-heavy, so I wanted to share my Key West outfits in a separate post and offer some advice on what to pack for a beach vacation:

PLANE/TRAVEL OUTFIT:


I am all about comfort for plane rides.
Pants- Lululemon "still pants" (lululemon.com)
Sports bra- Champion (target.com)
Tank- Forever 21
Sandals- Steve Madden
Sunnies- Marc by Marc Jacobs (NeimanMarcus.com)
POOL OUTFITS:


Bikini Cover-Up- Target
Floppy Hat- CVS (I know, right!? How cute!)
Less floppy hat- Ann Taylor Outlet
Bikini- Victoria's Secret

BEACH/LUNCH/SHOPPING OUTFIT
Dress- $11 from a store on Duval St.
(even on vacation, I love a good deal! 50% off!!!)

 
Dress- O'Neil brand---got it at a shop called "Ego" on Duval St.
Purple Scarf- Forever 21
Green/Pink Scarf- from a store on Duval...
forget the name but it's an earthy store

I wore that black and white dress a TON! I am so glad it was one of my
"lost luggage" purchases because I really enjoyed wearing it on our trip!





Top- American Eagle Outfitters
Scarf- Forever 21
Shorts- Buckle
Hat- Ann Taylor


EVENING/DINNER:

Dress- O'Neil brand, also from the store "Ego" on Duvall
Belt- J. Crew
Necklace- Tiffany & Co.

BEACH WEDDING:

 

Dress- Twelfth Street by Cynthia Vincent
(got it on MyHabit.com...originally $350, I paid $75!)
Sandals- Reef


BRACELET STACK:



This was my daily combo!

Watch- Michael Kors
Bracelet- Pandora
Leather Bracelets- That earthy store on Duval St.

PACKING TIPS:


 (I used this zippered case to pack jewelry and makeup brushes, into my carry-on, of course)
Always Carry ON:
  •  Valuables---this includes jewelry, cameras, phones, expensive articles of clothing or accessories
  • Anything you would be devastated to lose (when they lost my luggage, I was so upset I had packed a few items in there that weren't replaceable---it's not that the items were expensive, they were just no longer available and I kicked myself for not carrying them on)
  • At least 3 pairs of underwear
  • At least one swimsuit (if it's a beach vacation)
  • ALL of your makeup
  • hairdryer or curling iron (hotel hairdryers are awful)


    Include in Checked Baggage:
  • Items you aren't attached to
  • Hair products and toiletries
  • Clothing and accessories that are replaceable/you wouldn't be devastated to lose
  • Luggage tag- with your address and contact info
  • Extra shoes (unless they are crazy expensive, then carry those on)

    Items I wore the most (we were there for 4 days):
    Printed scarves (2)
    Bikinis (I packed 4)
    Loose, flowy swimsuit coverups (2-3)
    Cotton sundresses (3-5)
    2 evening/fancier dresses
    Flip flops (I wore my gold pair 90% of the time)
    1 belt- I used it to secure my sweater at night
    1 maxi dress--great for evenings!
    2 sweaters (it gets chilly at night)
    1 pair of shorts
    1 pair of wedges---perfect for summer and easier than heels to walk in sand
    2 hats---I opted for one floppy one and one fedora/bucket style hat
    Lots of underwear
    2 bras---one strapless, one regular (most of the time I was in a bikini though)
    1 pair stud earrings (to wear for daytime)
    2 pairs of dangling earrings (I brought my Kendra Scott ones) for evening
Honestly, after my experience with the airline losing my luggage and being extremely vague and unknowledgeable as to where it was, I am no longer comfortable checking luggage.  I would rather buy toiletries when I arrived at my destination (if possible) than checking my luggage.  I did get my luggage back, but it is very stressful not knowing that you will get it back.  I recommend everyone carry on as much as they possibly can.  Use packing techniques that allow you to maximize space.  I actually had to throw my big hot pink suitcase out because it was so damaged and dirty from how many times I've used it, so now I am looking for carry-on luggage that can fit a lot of stuff but will still be allowed on the plane. Let me know if you have any recommendations for great carry-on luggage!

I hope this post was helpful! 
xoxo,

Veronika.

0 comments:

Post a Comment