OOTD & I Finally Used My Hot Tools Curling Iron

Hello lovely readers! I am absolutely exhausted from Pilates class tonight so I feel fortunate that I took photos of my outfit before I left for work this morning!

It's getting warmer here, so I'm very much looking forward to ditching tights soon (though I do like their slimming effect on the legs.) I also cannot wait to wear open-toed shoes again. Bring on the pretty pedicures and awesome heels! One thing I'm dreading- getting back into self tanning. I know, I know, "pale is the new tan" but when I have bare legs, I like them to have a bit of color.


Here's what I wore today:

Cardigan- Express; Skirt- BCBG MaxAzria; Ruffle Sleeve Tee- Forever 21; Tights- Hue@Macy's; Shoes- Jessica Simpson; Watch- Michael Kors; Necklace- Tiffany&Co. & Forever 21.

So I also finally used my new Hot Tools brand curling iron this morning (I have the 1 1/4 inch version.) My second-day hair was looking a little blah, so I perked up some of the front pieces with this miraculous tool (much better than my cheaper Conair curling iron.) I paid about 40$ for the Hot Tools curling iron at Beauty First. It has tons of heat settings, which I love.

Beauty confession: I absolutely suck at using curling irons. My hairdresser actually tried to give me a lesson and I failed. The strange thing is, I can make curls/waves with a flatiron, but put a curling iron in my hand and it's like I've lost my sense of direction. Literally. I lose all sense of which way to turn it and twist it and have no natural understanding of which angle to put my hair in it.

Having said that, I think I did OK today.
I was going for a loose/textured look. I didn't have time to do my entire head, so I just perked up the face-framing pieces to make myself feel less blah.

Here is how it turned out:

I think it was alright for my first curling iron attempt. More attempts to come, I'm sure. I like to wear my hair wavy.

Are you a curling iron pro, or do you struggle with it like I do? Let me know in the comments below!


xoxo,

Veronika.

0 comments:

Post a Comment