My Oscar Picks: Sparkly Gowns and Gorgeous Flowy Dresses

I love watching the Oscars each year for the gorgeous gowns, hair and makeup.

Here are my favorites from this year's Oscars:

I loved Amanda Seyfried's dress, hair and makeup. She has such a beautiful face and really naturally pretty features. Her skin is gorgeous too!

On a side note, I am loving all of the starlets who chose to show off their non spray-tanned skin this year. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE me a spray tan, but the more alabaster skin this year was so pretty and unexpected. I always love a light glow, but I think the Oscars proved that the days of dark tans, bleach blonde hair and bubble gum pink lips are long behind us (thank God!)

Cameron Diaz. I have always really loved her. She always looks amazing on the red carpet, in my opinion. The dress she wore was stunning. Sparkly amazingness. I loved the 1920's feel of her hair and she really pulled of the bold red lips. She is just so cute. I think she is beautiful.

Wearing another gorgeous sparkly (and age-inappropriate gown) was Miley Cyrus.

Sigh. I absolutely love love love this dress. But Miley, really? I mean it's gorgeous...and she looks really good in it...but it just seems like a really age inappropriate dress. I don't mean that it shows too much skin or anything just the style, shape and overall look of the dress seems like it would be better suited for someone at least in their 20's.

I can't even explain how gorgeous I think Rachel McAdams is. She even went to the same University as me! Her dress, hair, makeup etc was just so her. The top of the dress actually reminds me of my wedding gown...come to think of it so does the skirt.


I love the watercolor-looking print. Just so soft and pretty. The dress makes such a statement, but doesn't overshadow her. She's got a strong/powerful look. I always notice she's able to seamlessly go from blonde to dark to medium brown hair or no makeup to lots of makeup without sacrificing her overall look. As an actress, she is one of my favorites.

Then, there's Oscar- winner (yay!) Sandra Bullock. I have to say, I didn't love her dress, but her hair and makeup was amazing. How is she in her forties? seriously? She is so fresh looking and beautiful. Look at her skin!

I know her lipstick color was either a love it or hate it thing, but I thought she looked amazing. I get stopped a lot in random places and told I look like her, so maybe I'm a little biased. I want to AGE like her! She looked great. I love her hair too. If you want to know how her stylist did it, you can read Glamour's blog entry about it here.

I also stumbled upon this picture from a post-Oscar party of the stunning Kate Beckinsale (she is my husband's dream woman, looks wise.) Just look at her makeup. Perfection:

Love her. Always so pretty and soft. Her hair looks great too, I imagine this is either a faux bob or she had extensions in her hair before, since I've recently seen her with super long locks.

Something else I noticed on the red carpet this year were soft, voluminous kind of messy/undone updos, which I am loving. I think I might actually try to wear my hair up more, if it can still be volumized, soft, full and pretty. Miley's hair in particular I thought was well-styled.

What were your favorite Oscars looks? Let me know in the comments below!

xoxo,

Veronika.

0 comments:

Post a Comment