I Hate Running Shoes & Review of Essie's "Lilacism"

I have a strange hatred towards running shoes. I understand their purpose, appreciate their comfort and know they are necessary...but I hate them.

They make my feet look even larger than they are. They are clunky, totally anti-girly and I just hate how they look on my feet.

Let me preface this post by saying it is not meant to offend anyone. This is just a personal thing for me. Some people hate skinny jeans and other big trends. I hate running shoes worn with non-workout wear. If you love to wear your runners with jeans and other non-workout clothes, more power to you!

I truly feel the only acceptable time to wear running shoes (for me, personally) is to work out, run, for hiking, sports etc. I absolutely cannot stand wearing running shoes with anything other than workout wear. I see women all of the time wearing runners with jeans or other non-workout clothing. I always think "that outfit would look so much more polished with a great pair of flats, ballerina flats or sandals."

Now, don't get me wrong, I totally understand the convenience of wearing runners. I think they look great if they are worn with workout clothes or lounge wear. It's when people wear them with jeans a nice top... I just can't do it.

Before I go on, I want to CLARIFY that I think casual runners (ie: athletic type shoes not made for running or working out but simply as walking or street shoes) are OK to me with jeans (I would still choose flats or a sandal, but they are better than standard runners.) I think they are referred to as "fashion" running shoes. They are more sleek. It's the clunky runners that are clearly made for sports and running that bother me when worn with jeans (like Nike shocks and similar shoes.)

I love Jennifer Garner and for the most part she has great style. Here is a picture of lovely Jen sporting her runners with jeans:

All I think when I see this pic is that I wish the outfit had flats instead of runners. It's so much more chic to me. Sometimes jeans and runners can look a little frumpy to me.

Today I reluctantly went on a search for new runners and purchased the pair below. They were so not what I expected to like, but they were the only ones I did like. They are a bit bold, but they are more girly than most running shoes (hello HOT PINK!), so they seemed like the lesser evil of all of the choices (seriously, running shoes are the mom jeans of footwear.)

They actually look kind of cute on and they're lightweight and really comfortable.

During our errand-running today, I also picked up three Essie nail polishes at Ulta because they had a promotion (buy two get one free.) I got (from L-R) Minimalist, Over the Top and Lilacism (LOVE!)

I've wanted to get Essie's "Lilacism" since I fell so deeply in love with OPI's Lucky Lucky Lavender. I also saw it on one of the Glamour bloggers and couldn't stop thinking about it's pretty pastel-ness.

I have already used it and love it. Ladies, purples are where it's at this spring for nails. I'll post a pic, but keep in mind I haven't fixed the sides yet so it is super messy! (a little trick- paint nails before bed and during your hot shower the next morning, gently peel/scrub away the excess polish on the sides, it will come off easily and your manicure will look perfect!)

You can see a better (and neater application) picture on Glamour's blog. Just click here.

What are your favorite spring nail trends right now?

Do you hate running shoes as much as I do? Do you wear running shoes with jeans or do you restrict them for wearing with workout wear? Let me know in the comments below!

xoxo,

Veronika.


0 comments:

Post a Comment