Shaping Up on Saturday: Bella Shares Moves to Tone Your Muffin Top!

A few weekends ago, I met one of my readers, Bella, who happens to own a fitness studio here in Houston called Bella Body Fitness.

I asked Bella if she could contribute to my blog once in awhile because I know you ladies are always looking for new workout moves.  This one is called "Tone Up Your Muffin Top Workout," and I love it because your love handles can be a tough area to target.




Move: the Mermaid 
1. Start on your side, arm extended, hand behind your head and ankles crossed.
2. Raise legs and squeeze your oblique at the top. Lower legs and repeat
10-15 Repetitions

Move: Hip Dip 
1. Start in low plank position on your forearms
2. Tilt your torso to the right, lowering your hip down until hovering slightly above the mat
3. Return to plank position and repeat on the other side.
10 Repetitions on each side

Move: Starship 
1. Start on your palm (to modify: start on forearm) legs stacked, top knee slightly bent
2. Tap the top knee to the mat, keeping your hips up, balancing.    Careful not to put any weight on your knee
3. Bring knee up to starting position
4. Extend top leg
5. Bend knee back to starting position and repeat.
10 Repetitions and switch sides.

Let me know how it goes for you and thank you Bella for contributing!  If you're in Houston, check out the classes Bella Body Fitness offers here.

UPDATE FROM BELLA FOR ALL OF THE HOUSTON GALS: Veronika's readers, I'd like to give you a week of free classes at my studio! Just email me and say you saw this workout on Veronika's blog. If you have any questions about any of these exercises or would like me to create a workout for your trouble zones, email me at Bella@BellaBodyFit.com. Your feedback is always welcome!

xo.Bella

0 comments:

Post a Comment