Surprise! It's Pants!

Thank you to everyone who left nice messages after the car accident I was in last night. I use that term loosely as no one was hurt and there was hardly any impact, but my entire back driver's side door will have to be replaced.

To make a long story as short as possible, I was turning left from a one way street onto a street with two lanes, one going each way.  I make this turn every single day on my commute home.  So I'm making my left turn like usual and there's a pickup truck waiting at the stop sign to make his left turn onto said one-way road.  For some reason, as I was 3/4 of the way through my turn, he decided to advance forward, moving completely into my vehicle instead of waiting for me to complete my turn. If he had literally kept his foot on the brake for another 2-3 seconds tops, the entire accident would have been avoided.

I had never been in an accident and fortunately it happened close to home so my H drove down and waited with me until the police came so we could file a report (we waited over an hour).  The driver who hit me didn't have insurance or a driver's license. I felt really bad, I didn't want anyone to get in trouble, but I know it wasn't my fault.

Anyway, thank you for the kind words, I am just so thankful no one got hurt.

When I was in my last month of my previous job, I was wearing pants at least three days a week. I was just burned out and didn't feel like making the effort to get dressed up.  I see pants differently now though.  I've been experimenting more with belting them and wearing them with the blouses I'd usually opt to tuck into my beloved pencil skirts.

Here's what I wore on Wednesday:
Top- J.Crew (buy it here!)
Pants- Express Editor Pants
Shoes- Aldo
Necklace- Regina Pierallini (buy a
similar style here)
Belt- J.Crew

xoxo,

Veronika.


0 comments:

Post a Comment