Master Bedroom Paint Reveal!

Our painting journey has finally come to an end so I decided to break things down and do a post for each room separately.  You’ve already seen our main floor (kitchen, dining room and bathroom) and my painted and re-organized closet and today I’m revealing our master bedroom.

This is the room in our house I have the most trouble/frustration with. I don’t spend a lot of time in it (just to sleep, basically) but I still want it to be beautiful.  Painting it was a start, but I am not happy with how it looks overall…yet.

I think the walls need something---maybe art, mirrors, floating shelves etc.  I also know we need new, larger nightstands. Possibly in white or a fun brighter color.  We have some cheapie IKEA ones right now and they are lacking in both function (storage) and style (blah). I also want to switch out the hardware on our dressers.

Nevertheless, though it’s far from being complete, I did want to show how the paint color turned out in our room. It’s the same color we used in my closet and on our accent wall in the living room, Martha Stewart’s “flagstone.”

But before we get into that, let’s take a look at the “before” 

bedroom1bedroom2bedroom3

I was not into that dark brown color on two of our bedroom walls. I wanted something lighter and I wanted all of the walls painted, not just two of them.

Here is how the paint color turned out:

MB1MB2MB3MB4MB5

It’s much crisper now with the new paint color, but like I said, this room still needs a lot of work.  If you have any thoughts on what you might add, please let me know in the comments below!

xoxo,

Veronika.

 

PS: here is a list of the item in our bedroom bedroom:

Bed Frame & Headboard: West Elm
Duvet Cover & Shams- Z Gallerie “Mimosa”
Dressers: IKEA Hemnes
Jewelry boxes- cream- West Elm; blue- Marshalls Home Goods
White tray: West Elm
White Vase: Marshalls Home Goods

0 comments:

Post a Comment