Product Review: Kiehl's Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solution

As you all know, I've been a longtime fan of Kiehl's products.  I currently use their Midnight Recovery Eye Cream, french rose lip gloss and Creme de Corps lightweight body lotion (you can read my reviews on those products, here).

When Kiehl's asked me to test out their new Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solution, the timing was right, but I'll admit I wasn't sure if it would work.  As many of you who struggle with skin pigmentation issues know, fading those pesky dark or pink spots can be the most challenging skincare issue of all.  The most frustrating thing is to wake up every morning to the same pink spot, day after day, with little to no improvement. 

When I say that the timing was right, I mean that I had just gotten off of the pill and thus my skin is now much more oily and I was getting breakouts a little more frequently than before.  Breakouts mean healing time and healing time for my skin usually means pink spots that I need to conceal for weeks and sometimes over a month or more until they fade away (and even then, they sometimes leave a faint mark).


Kiehl's describes Clearly Corrective as a product designed to target discoloration and dark spots, using a key ingredient called Activated-C (Kiehl’s is first to use this “next generation” Vitamin C in the US).  In tests, 55% of women demonstrated a significant reduction in dark spot intensity in as little as 2 weeks.

The product itself is clear and comes in a nice glass bottle (not that this has anything to do with how well a product works, but something I always appreciate is Kiehl's packaging---I always choose their products to "display" in my bathroom over others). 

 

I use this product every night and it is now a permanent fixture in my skincare routine. Just one drop does the trick for me as I focus on applying it to areas with discoloration and pigmentation issues (for example, I apply it to all areas that have a pink spot left over from a pimple, so mostly around my chin and mouth area, where my breakouts tend to be concentrated).

Here is a diagram from Kiehl's website about how the serum works:



I've truly noticed a decrease in the amount of time my pink spots take to fade since using this product.  I wasn't sure aything could really help fade them more quickly, but with daily use, this really does help fade those spots that used to hang around for what seemed like forever.

Through their research, Kiehl’s chemists discovered that an ingredient in this serum, Activated C, adds an innovative, valuable step in the fight against unwanted pigmentation: prevention of melanin clusters. Activated C actually breaks up existing melanin clusters, treating pigment currently present in the skin and inhibiting the formation of new melanin clusters. So basically, this serum helps treat pigmentation you already have and prevent more pigmentation from rising to the surface.

Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solution reatils for $49.50 and it seriously lasts forever.  I started off with a sample sized bottle and I haven't even gotten through half of it---like I said, I am only using one drop per night. The serum is really easy to spread and I just dot it wherever I need it and rub it in a little bit in the treatment area only, not all over my face. I let it fully dry before my face touches my pillow.

You can purchase Clearly Corrective
here.  Have you used this product? Let me know how it's working for you in the comments below!

xoxo,

Veronika.

FTC Disclaimer: I was sent a sample bottle of this product for review. These are my honest opinions, as always, after personally using this product. I am not being compensated to write this post.

0 comments:

Post a Comment