Victoria's Secret "Body by Victoria" bras and Giving "Eye Bright" a Second Chance

This past week has been a real fitness fail for me. I was on location almost the entire week shooting a video for work, so as you can imagine, after lugging heavy filming equipment around all day, the last thing I wanted to do when I got home is work out (or hear Tony Horton's voice.)

I ate fairly well all week and I did go to Pilates class on Saturday so I do feel that I at least did something (plus, I must have burned calories while carrying all that heavy equipment.) I hope to get back on track this week. I may even try to complete one month of Bikram Yoga this month (they say you should go a minimum of 10 times in 30 days.) We shall see.

After Pilates class on Saturday, my bestie Candice and I paid a visit to Victoria's Secret to check out their new Body by Victoria line (it's the one with the "I love my body" commercials...umm yeah I'd love my body too if I looked like Alessandra Ambrosio.)

First, I tried on the new Multi-Way bra, and it was OK, but I felt like it flattened me out a bit. This is what it looks like:

I didn't purchase the multi-way bra, but I did get the new Body by Victoria Push-Up. It is a-mazing. It is so soft and comfortable, fits like a dream and does what it says it will. It has just the right amount of padding. The bras they've been making lately with that super soft cotton material are always my favorites to wear. I even have an un-padded version that I wear to work out sometimes because it's
that comfy.

My friend and I each purchased this bra, so we were able to get about $7.50 off each using a coupon she got in the mail.

I also stopped by Sephora because I wanted to pick up Benefit's "Eye Bright," which I had a so-so relationship with. I've actually purchased it before and exchanged it for Anastasia of Beverly Hill's "Sand" Highlighting Pencil. Lately, Tiffany D from YouTube kept using it in tutorials and raving about how much she loved it and I thought to myself..."maybe I need to give it another chance." I'm glad I did. I love the Anastasia pencil because it's more sheer and shimmery...but the
Benefit pencil is a little more opaque and a true baby pink. When you blend it, it gives a gorgeous highlight. I have been using it on my inner corners and also on the brow bone. It is super-blendable and really does brighten the eye area. You can also use it as a highlight on the nose or cheekbones, you just have to blend out the line. Benefit's "Eye-Bright" costs $20.



While checking out at Sephora, the SA told me I had 500 and something points. Usually I just stock up on them, but this month, the 500-point gift was a great value so I just went for it.

This is what I got (by Tarte:)

The exclusive 7-piece sampler set is stocked with Tarte bestsellers: Vitamin-Infused Lipgloss in Apple-a-Day, Lifted Natural Eye Primer with Firmitol, Clean Slate Primer, Lights, Camera, Lashes! Mascara. Lights, Camera, Splashes! Waterproof Mascara, Lash Hugger Mascara and EmphasEYES High Definition Eye Pencil.

I can't wait to try these products- especially the lipgloss and eyeliner (it's made especially for the waterline!) I will report back on these products as I use them. I'm not sure about the mascaras because I like to stick to my tried-and-true formulas, but it's always fun to try something new, even if it's just for a day or two.

The kit also comes with a primer. I am very anti-primer. I've tried Smashbox Photofinish Light, LORAC aqua prime and even the Monsitat chafing cream (Google it, people rave about it as a face primer, seriously!). I just dislike face primers. I feel they actually make my skin look worse, my makeup go on worse and overall I just don't like them. Maybe it's because I use powder and not liquid foundation, but they just do NOT work for me. I know a lot of people swear by them, and I tried so hard to like them...but I just can't. I will probably give the Tarte primer one try, and then give it to my bestie who already uses it.

Did you do any shopping this weekend? Do you love VS bras as much as I do? Do you use primer? If so, which one?

Hope you all had an incredible weekend!

xoxo,

Veronika.




0 comments:

Post a Comment