Weekend Purchases: LoL for Target & Forever 21

Today, I started off my day right and went for a 3 mile walk at Houston's Memorial Park with Candice. We walked it, but it felt great nevertheless.

After our walk, we headed to the mall to check out some of the new spring fashions.


I heard through the blogging grapevine that the Liberty of London line was already in Target stores (it is supposed to "officially" launch this Sunday.)


I wasn't really drawn to any of the clothes. The children's clothes were adorable and the home stuff was cute too. I guess I just felt that some of the floral patterns didn't look right on clothes. There were a few cute tops, but nothing I fell in love with.

I ended up getting this Liberty of London picture frame. I think I'm going to use it to frame a wedding photo for my desk at my office. I like to have fun, bright things on my desk like pink post-it notes and a cute printed mug. It makes my day feel colorful and happy :)
I also visited Forever 21 today. I tried on about 12 things (tops, skirts, dresses) and bought one top. There were some promising looking items that ended up either being way too short or fit oddly (or in the case of one white skirt, translucent.)

I am so tired of dresses being too short. Dear retailers, PLEASE make your dresses longer! My argument for all clothing is that shorter people can always get their clothes hemmed where us tall girls can't make dresses, skirts and pants longer. I realize that is totally selfish...but it is sooo frustrating when you find a fabulous dress that is so short that if you bend even slightly, you can see your whoo-ha.


Out of all of the things I tried on, I ended up purchasing this pretty white tunic. I think it has cute detailing and will be great over skinny jeans.
I paid a visit to Old Navy to pick up this petal tank too:
The petals on this tank are very similar to the ones on the Ann Taylor silk petal blouse (last seen here.) Needless to say, it was a pretty small shopping trip for me.

I'm not an impulsive buyer, so if I don't see a lot of things I love, I just hold off and save it for my next trip where I might find more items I love.
I have a strategy when I shop. I ask myself "do I love this?" "Will I feel regret if I don't buy this?" "Do I know when I'll wear it and what I can wear it with?" These questions usually keep me in check. I'm not saying I've never bought things I've regretted, but 90% of the time I do love what I get.

I also purchased L'Oreal's Ever-Strong hair mask and Neutrogena's new Split End Mender. I will report back how I like them once I've used them a few times.



Thanks for reading! Did you buy anything this weekend? Let me know in the comments below.

xoxo,

Veronika.

0 comments:

Post a Comment