Jean Paul Gaultier for Target: A Hit & A Miss

I've never done a "fitting room try-on" post, but I think I'll do these more often because I think they are fun! Gigi from Gigi's Gone Shopping does these posts all of the time. It's a nice way to see how things fit on other people.

Model's clothes are clipped, snipped and pulled in all kinds of ways when they are shooting for catalogs, and sometimes you don't get a realistic perspective of how the clothing item actually looks when it's on (as a side note, isn't it so annoying when a top looks form-fitting in the catalog and then when you try it on it is totally loose, even in an XS? I hate that, why didn't they just make the shirt more tailored, the way it looks in the catalog?)

Anywho. I wanted to check out the Jean Paul Gaultier for Target line before it all sells out, and I am so glad I went today because I was able to score the most gorgeous dress.

First though, I'll show you the dress that was a "miss." I so wanted it to fit and love it, but it just wasn't happening. The color is gorgeous though. I tried this on in a 7, because that's all that was left remotely close to a size that would fit- the others were 1's and 13's. I would have needed a size 5 in this style. Looking at these pics makes me realize how pale I am, and yes those are flip flop tan lines on my feet left over from our honeymoon. And yes, my hair is uber messy and dirty!

This is the Jean Paul Gaultier for Target® Halter Dress - Spanish Mustard.

I didn't see all of the stock I saw online in the actual store (some pieces weren't there at all, I'm sure stores get different stock.) This dress was cute, but it was too poufy (even for me.) It had tulle underneath. It was too big on me anyways, so it just looked that much pouffier. The fabric was interesting, like plasticy almost, but
NOT in a bad way. Good in concept, not so good on me. Here is the back and a closer-up shot:


I was sad to not get this dress, but it just didn't work. I felt like a cupcake. I love cupcakes, I just don't want to look like one. (mmm cupcakessss)

But then...(oh that sweet moment!) I tried on this amazing black dress (in a size 9! GASP!!!) The JPG for Target sizes are way off. I typically wear no larger than a size 4 in dresses and the 9 fits me well. The size 9 is a little looser in my tummy area, but the hips and the rest of the dress fits like a glove. I honestly don't even know if the size 7 would have worked. I have larger hips so I need to find dresses that will accommodate them.

Gosh this dress is gorgeous. The print, the texture, the fabric, the shape, the embellishments. Oh I love it so. Plusalso, it's totally an awesome length on me. It is SO difficult for me to find a LBD that isn't too short on me. I can see myself wearing this for a night on the town, to a special dinner, to a wedding. It's very versatile.

It's the Jean Paul Gaultier for Target® Strapless Cloque Dress - Black.


This was taken before my lovely bestie kindly zipped the dress up for me (the zipper in the back is so cute too!)

Have you tried on any of the JPG for Target pieces? Are you going to check out the line soon? I am looking forward to seeing pieces from the Liberty of London line at Target. I saw some LofL picture frames at my Target, but that's all. I thought there was more home decor and clothing, but maybe it just hasn't come out yet.

xoxo,

Veronika.

0 comments:

Post a Comment