ZAC POSEN & CYNTHIA VINCENT FORTARGET- It Was Written

Today my lovely mother in law and I decided to do a little shopping because I don't get to go to Kohls very often since I don't really have one near me. I wanted to check out Lauren Conrad's line while I was there. 


Originally I was on the hunt for pretty summer dresses (work-appropriate), but I wasn't able to find any I really loved. I did however, pick up this pretty top for 30% off (LC by Lauren Conrad):



I really liked the zipper detailing and the pretty watercolor floral design.  The top is pretty over skinny jeans or tucked into a skirt. 


We visited a few more stores and I wasn't very impressed...but then...we went to TARGET.  I had fully intended on not partaking in the ZAC POSEN/CYNTHIA VINCENT craze...but I succumbed to two items and one may have even been a "meant to be item."


I'll start with the Cynthia Vincent wedges.  I've seem them plastered all over every single magazine and blog and I loved them but thought "I've never owned brown shoes, so they must not be for me."  Well, fate had other things in mind.


My mother in law and I had searched the store far and wide and not one Cynthia Vincent shoe could be found. Finally at the end of one of the shoe aisles was a small display of 20 or so of those telltale bright yellow boxes...and sure enough there was the remainder of the CV for Target shoes.


.......and could you freaking believe it? There was ONE lonely pair of the wedges left....and they were in MY SIZE. It was a sign right?


So I tried them on. Still not convinced as I had not seen them in a mirror, I took them to the fitting room with me...and sigh...IT WAS LOVE.  Plus, I don't own even one pair of brown shoes (unless you count UGG boots) so the $29.99 wedges seemed a justifiable addition to my shoe collection.


Before I get to the fitting room photos, I also wanted to mention that I got the GORGEOUS and amazingly flattering Zac Posen for Target tuxedo skirt. Oh how I love it. I put it on and it was like a match made in heaven. Once again, the sizes are juniors and fit small. I got a 9 in the skirt. I wanted to be able to pull it down a bit on my hips so it didn't inch up to mini skirt territory (it is meant to be worn high-waisted, but I like how it looks the way I've got it on.)  

This skirt is SUPER high quality and very expensive looking and feeling- the fabric is sort of heavier. I have to give a shout out to Anh over at 9 to 5 chic for raving about this skirt.



So you see!? I just had to get both the skirt and shoes. It was written


Have you ever found one amazing item left in YOUR size and just had to have it?

xoxo,

Veronika.



0 comments:

Post a Comment