OOTD: Seeing Stripes & My First Bikram Yoga Class

I'm blogging so late in the evening tonight because I just got back from Bikram Yoga and ate some dinner. The 90 minute classes definitely take a huge chunk out of your night.  I decided to try doing 10 sessions in 30 days, which is what the studio recommends for the most benefits. 


Bikram Yoga is difficult. The moves are intense...it makes you realize that you're not quite as flexible as you once thought. You know, most people are really taken aback by the heat of the room when they do Bikram (105 degrees or hotter)...but for me, it's not the heat, it's the intensity of the poses that makes it so difficult.  I actually kind of like the heat. It feels kind of grossly refreshing...like you're just flushing out all of the bad energy in your body.  You come out of the class completely drenched in sweat. There's no way around it, it just is what it is.  So I'm going to try this for a month and see how it goes. I'll try to give weekly updates of how I'm doing in the class. The nice thing is you can rest and not do all of the postures if you feel overwhelmed. I did most of them today, but I definitely listened to my body and did all I could do and stopped when I felt a little bit lightheaded.

***I wanted to note that I've taken a hot yoga class at another studio before, but it was not true or certified Bikram Yoga. Bikram is a specific series of 26 postures done in the exact same order each time***


You know what's odd? My hair looks less frizzy after Bikram than it did on Saturday night when I went out!  How crazy is that? It got a little wavy, but it doesn't look as pouffy as it did on the weekend. I mean, don't get me wrong, my hair does NOT look good right now, but it's not super frizzy or anything.

Now for my OOTD: Today I wore my new Club Monaco stripped skirt to work with a simple black tank and cardigan.


Cardigan- Express; Tank- Forever 21; Skirt- Club Monaco; Shoes- Me Too from DSW; Key Necklace- Forever 21

xoxo,

Veronika.

0 comments:

Post a Comment