Forever 21 Haul- Pretty Skirts and Dresses

Isn't it fun to have an excuse to shop? "It's our anniversary tomorrow," I said to my lovely hubby who agreed to tag along for the adventure.  It's one of our friend's birthdays tonight so I originally was going to the mall to get something for her (happy birthday, Lindsey!) but of course my path led me to Forever 21 and there was no turning back.


I always says Forever 21 is a hit and miss store.  Today was one of the lucky times where I loved nearly everything I tried on (which doesn't happen often for me at that store.) I even found some dresses that weren't too short, and one dress that was short, but not so short that it was unwearable as a dress.


So without further ado...(I do have fitting room pics for some of the pieces but my camera battery died in the fitting room halfway through!)...BTW, here's what I wore on our shopping excursion:


Military jacket- P8T; Tee- VS PINK; Shorts- American Eagle Outfitters; Flip flops- Old Navy

Here is the first skirt I got. It cost $17.80 and it's kind of got a satiny finish (but not shiny, more of a matte satin.) I like how full it is. I got a size medium.

I also got a gorgeous lace skirt. I've been wanting a lace skirt for awhile now and could never find one that actually hit just above my knee so it was appropriate to wear in many situations. I even got this $22.50 skirt in a size large just so I could wear it as low as it would go so it would be longer! (here it is in black...though it is just above my knee on me...the model looks to be wearing a super short version of this skirt.)


The next item I got is this green dress ($22.50, I believe.) I saw it on the hanger and it looked longer than most dresses and I liked the color but wasn't sure if it would look flattering on. It fits great and I love the length! I got a size small in this one. I think I fell in love with the pockets (my wedding dress had hidden pockets too! I kept my vows in them.)



Then there's this gorgeous printed dress. I must admit this dress has no hanger appeal, but I promise with a nice belt at the waist it is absolutely fabulous. This dress was one of my favorite buys of the day because I think it looks more expensive than it was ($22.50)



I know, I know, it doesn't look like anything special.  But trust me, this piece is gorgeous! I might even wear it to dinner tonight!

Next up- this hot pink bustier dress. Now, don't get me wrong, this dress is short, but surprisingly not so short that it can't be worn as a dress on me. I think this is a great little dress to wear with flip flops on casual days and with heels and a great long necklace to dress it up for the evening! I love that it has that bustier-style chest.



I also picked up another one of those great v-neck pocket tees with the little tie around the waist. I really love how long and comfy they are.

My last item was this adorable ruffle-top bikini. I love the bold bright green color!



That's all for today! I was really so thrilled with all of my purchases that I didn't even feel the need to really shop much in other stores. I tried on the bikini when I got home and it fits great! I'll probably wear it to the pool tomorrow for our spa date!


Have a great weekend everyone, and to all of my readers who are mothers, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY tomorrow!


xoxo,


Veronika.

0 comments:

Post a Comment