Weekend Updates

This morning I met with one of my friends for a lovely brunch at Sweet Paris.  I had a Bonne Mama crepe with four berry jam and a side salad with strawberries. YUM!  If you are in Houston, definitely check it out. They also have crepes with eggs, meat, etc. So delicious and the decor is really nice as well (think tufted bench seating and gorgeous chandeliers).

Simple weekend outfit- GAP maternity really skinny pants, Lululemon cool racerback tank, 
Tory Burch Reva flats and a Banana Republic sweater. Sorry for the sad facial expression. 
Don't know what was going on there.


After brunch I met my husband in the Village and we headed to the baby boutique Doodles to look at the glider we were contemplating for our nursery.  If you remember from a post a few weeks ago, this is the one we were looking at:


The consultant at Doodles told us that the glider we were looking at also comes in a style with a taller back and suggested we take a look since we are both tall.  We decided to go with the taller back style since it is the exact same chair and just a few inches taller (so now we can both lean back and have full shoulder/neck/head support).

We picked a textured ivory fabric that a couple of shades lighter than the fabric on the glider above.  It won't be ready for another 6-8 weeks but I'll be sure to post photos when it comes in.  The thing I love most about the chair other than how it looks and how comfortable it is, is that the slipcover is pre-washed and can be removed and washed at home. 

We decided against getting the matching ottoman. I kind of wanted a mis-matched ottoman from the start---and also, the ottoman was nearly $600. For an ottoman. Let me repeat that. $600, for an ottoman. I just cannot in any way, shape or form justify that. I don't mind investing in pieces of furniture that are versatile and will stand the test of time, but I just couldn't get on board with a $600 ottoman---nearly the cost of the glider itself!  

I like that this glider can later be used in a living room. I've often thought of how nice it would be to have a reading nook.  Maybe in the future in our next home!

Here's the glider we got (but as I mentioned, ours is not in this fabric):


After ordering our glider we decided to make a quick stop at Carter's because the entire store was 40% off and I also had an additional 20% off coupon (the sale is online too, click here!) I don't want to buy too many clothes, but I do take advantage of sales when i can so I don't have to pay full price, especially since I have time on my side and can wait for all of the sales.  Here are a few items I purchased:

Muslin swaddle blankets-loved the sweet prints on these

baby mittens and socks, which I've heard are essentials those first few months...



...and this adorable bathing suit (buy it here). I just couldn't resist.  I purchased it in the 18 month size because the store associate told me they tend to run small. I'm really buying very little newborn sized clothing. All of the moms (and some dads!) I know advised me to buy everything in larger sizes because babies grow so fast, especially out of the newborn-sized clothes. I also buy things based on season---so I don't buy sweaters or anything too warm in smaller sizes because the baby will be born in the summer---I always buy warmer items in the 6-9 month size.  Have to think ahead! Mostly I'm just buying onesies because babies pretty much live in them for the first few months. I'm saving the dresses and other outfits for when baby is older.

I also wanted to share with you a special gift that arrived in the mail this week! I know Francis from the online/blogging world---she has three sweet girls and blogs over at It's a Pink Life. The busy mamma also runs her very own business making handmade bibs and baby headbands. She was so sweet to send me a couple of beautiful items for our baby. I am thankful to have such thoughtful and generous readers. Thank you Francis!  Check out her store, FHJ Baby, here.


Tomorrow my goal is to clean out and re-organize my closet. When it starts to get warmer, I rearrange it to have my warmer weather clothes right out at the front and move the more wintery items to the back. 

I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment