19 Weeks!

How far along? 19 weeks (I do these a week behind as a recap of the previous week, so I'm actually 20 weeks today.)

I took these photos of H and Lulu over the weekend and they are just so loving together. It makes me feel all warm in my heart and teary when I think of how he will be with our daughter.

(this is seriously how they sleep, not a posed photo)

Total weight gain/loss: I should find out at my next appointment tomorrow. Baby now weighs 13 oz, so I'm assuming my weight has gone up as well over these last few weeks.


Maternity clothes? I am still wearing my GAP maternity pants and the rest is all just my normal clothes. I've kind of been slacking lately and wearing pants nearly everyday and mostly black. I don't know if the gloomy weather is drawing me to darker colors or if I just needed a break from all of the brights of spring and summer. I can't wait for the weather to warm up a bit.

Stretch marks? Not yet (still using Belli's Elasticity Belly Oil at night and Mamma Mio Tummy Rub). 


Symptoms:  I experienced some reflux in week 19.  I thought I was getting a sore throat initially, but it never got worse and I often had an acidic feeling in my throat/esophagus. I read that this is pretty common in pregnancy. It's not too horrible, just a bit uncomfortable and sometimes causes me to feel a bit nauseous, but nothing like the nausea in first tri. Other than that I have been feeling pretty good.


Sleep: Still using my Snoogle which is wonderful. I am still having mornings where I'm waking up really early and having a hard time falling back asleep. I have heard that a lot of women have "pregnancy insomnia" and I seem to be able to fall asleep but sleeping through the night is another story. Maybe my body is trying to prepare me for what's to come, haha. I have been trying to sleep in on weekends since we might as well enjoy it while we still can!

Best moment this week: Feeling baby kick every night, even if it's just a few times.  It was also pretty cool to feel like I have a legit bump on Saturday. My husband even commented that my bump was looking bigger than usual!


Have you told family and friends: Everyone knows :)

Miss Anything? green tea, cold cuts, not having to pee every 25 minutes.


Movement: I am feeling movement every night, sometimes from the outside too. It's usually just a few taps here and there but it's amazing every time it happens. 


Food cravings: Honey Nut Cheerios, eggs, pizza, fruit.

Anything making you queasy or sick: still grilled chicken and plain salads made with iceberg lettuce.



Have you started to show yet:  Though my belly still fluctuates in size, it is starting to look more consistently "bumpy."  Someone at work even noticed this week when I was wearing a more fitted top.



Baby is a: Girl!

Belly Button in or out? Still in.


Wedding rings on or off? On


Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!


Looking forward to: Our anatomy scan---which went really well (it was today)!  Baby is healthy, we feel very blessed.


Thank you for reading and for all of my pregnant readers, please feel free to check in below as well and let me know how your pregnancy is going :) I also welcome everyone's advice and comments about pregnancy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment