18 weeks

How far along? 18 weeks (I do these a week behind as a recap of the previous week, so I'm actually 19 weeks today)

(I keep this calendar at my desk at work to count down the weeks!)

Total weight gain/loss: I should find out at my next appointment as I don't own a scale.  I would venture to guess I'm gaining back the few pounds I lost that I had initially gained and maybe more.


Maternity clothes? All of my regular pants still fit, but since I'm at work for a large bulk of my day, I like to wear my GAP maternity pants because the elastic waist means no digging. I am still wearing normal tops. I noticed my GAP really skinny pants are a little baggy in the thigh area which is great because they'll continue to fit me for awhile as I expand.

Stretch marks? Not yet (still using Belli's Elasticity Belly Oil at night and Mamma Mio Tummy Rub). 


Symptoms:  Nothing new from past weeks.  I am feeling pretty good.

Sleep: Still using my Snoogle, but this week sleeping has been a little off. I have been waking up at 3:30 or 4 a.m. nearly every morning and struggling to fall back asleep.

Best moment this week:
Finding out the sex of our baby and sharing the news with family and friends! 

It was also really fun to buy the dresser for baby's nursery! I had planned to get this one regardless of whether we had a girl or boy because the finish is a beautiful light gray. I am so glad we ordered it! FYI, Restoration Hardware Baby & Child is 20% off until Jan. 10th.



Have you told family and friends: Yes!

Miss Anything? Sleeping until my alarm goes off.


Movement: The most amazing thing happened this week--- at 18 weeks, 2 days, I was sitting on the couch on my laptop and I felt baby kick.  I told my husband and he placed his hand on my stomach and the movement had stopped. He started talking, saying "Hi little (future baby's name)" and suddenly the baby kicked twice, harder than usual and he felt it from the outside! It was such a surreal moment, I will forever treasure that memory. I've only felt exterior movement one time since then, but continue to feel random movements, mostly at night time on the couch or in bed. I can't wait for the movement to become more consistent!


Food cravings: Egg McMuffins for breakfast (hey, at least there's protein!), garden salads with balsamic (at restaurants only), pizza and fruit.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Grilled chicken is a no-go for me lately.



Have you started to show yet:  My stomach continues to fluctuate in size. I still have days where I don't look pregnant at all and other days I say to myself, wow, this belly really IS growing. I have to remind myself that my long torso is probably the reason I haven't really popped, because sometimes it does make me worry that my belly isn't bigger. I took the comparison shots below and I truly can see growth when I compare my stomach before I got pregnant and now.

(Before I got pregnant)

(a couple of weeks after I found out I was pregnant)

(18 weeks, 4 days)

Baby is a: Girl!

Belly Button in or out? Still in.


Wedding rings on or off? On


Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!


Looking forward to: Our anatomy scan when I'm 20 weeks. We continue to pray for a healthy baby.


Thank you for reading and for all of my pregnant readers, please feel free to check in below as well and let me know how your pregnancy is going :) I also welcome everyone's advice and comments about pregnancy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment