Weekend Organization: Get Your Drawers in Shape

I’m calling this a weekend organization project because it’s truly a project that takes just a few hours and makes a major impact. Mornings can feel stressful and overwhelming if you can’t find what you’re looking for---why not make it as easy as possible to find everything you need?

The key to having a working wardrobe is to have all of your essentials at your fingertips and not having to dig through drawers.  That’s why I spent a few hours today organizing my drawers so that mornings were a little calmer.

The first step is to measure your drawers so you know what size containers to buy.

Then, visit your local Target (or another retailer that sells storage bins) and select bins or drawer dividers based on your needs. As a side note, I did visit The Container Store and found their items to be incredibly pricey, thus I got my stuff from Target and IKEA.

The reason I wanted to do this in the first place is because my dresser is really tall and I noticed I wasn’t really wearing all of my jewelry because it wasn’t as accessible as I needed it to be.

I decided to organize the rest of my drawers while I was at it since I felt they could use a little work too (I’ll spare you the before shots, they are embarrassing).

For my jewelry, I chose organizers from IKEA and Target.  Here’s how it turned out:

drawer1drawer2drawer4drawer5

(side note: can’t wait to get rid of that brown wall)

Next up, I tackled my workout clothing drawer, which is the largest/deepest one in the chest of drawers. I used zebra-print bins from Target. Not a huge fan of the print on these, but they were on clearance and you can’t see the print on them anyway.

drawer6drawer7
From left to right---I rolled up all of my Lululemon workout tanks so they would be like little cylinders in the box---I also have mu Lululemon shorts in there.  In the middle I have Lululemon pants and tights and some colorful t-shirts. On the right, I have sports bras and random cotton tanks.

Then, I organized my underwear drawer.  I used more shallow bins because these drawers aren’t as deep as the workout wear drawer.

drawer9
I also keep my tights in this drawer in the middle of the two storage boxes. This may be TMI, but I separate my regular undies in one basket and my thongs in the other. I also keep bralettes with the thongs. It all makes sense in my head, I promise.

I used the same bins in the drawer below it with bras and lingerie, but I figure you don’t really need to see that, right?

Moving on, I used plastic drawer dividers in my last drawer, containing all of my swimwear.  These are from Bed, Bath and Beyond.

drawer10
How do you keep your drawers organized?  Let me know in the comments below!

xoxo,

Veronika.

0 comments:

Post a Comment