This Week…

I had a major event at work this week so blogging has taken a backseat---but I still wanted to do a little post for the weekend.

First, let’s talk about my hair.  Some of you may remember that the last time I had my hair colored, I went back to add more lowlights.  This time around, my blonde pulled way too yellow and the highlights were not distributed evenly, and to be honest, my hair just looked a little over-processed.  I’m not sure how it happened, because my colorist is awesome, but sometimes these things just happen. 

Basically, my hair looked way too high contrast. I favor a blended look so I went back this Friday to have more lowlights added to break up the blonde and to have my blonde toned down to a softer color. My colorist said that from now on we will use color instead of bleach to do my highlights.

Here is what I mean when I say the highlights were yellow:

IMG_2007
IMG_2049
IMG_2038
So yean, not good.  It is SO much softer and much more blended now (as you’ll see in the photos below and in my fitting room photos):

IMG_2050

IMG_2065

PHEW!  The next time I have my hair done, I am really looking to get a look like Kate Beckinsale’s.  I don’t want to go as dark as her on the top, because my natural color is lighter than hers, but I love the overall look of the soft, blended highlights poking out from underneath and on the sides (with way less of them focused at the top/crown/roots)

IMG_2034

IMG_2030

(Photos from JustJared)

Seriously Kate, can we all just have your hair?


Next, I wanted to share some fitting room photos from my recent shopping trip to Zara and J.Crew.

First, this gorgeous paisley No. 2 pencil skirt from J.Crew. I loved it, but for $148, I’m waiting for a sale. It fits just like the wool version:


IMG_2054IMG_2053


Then I tried on some tops at Zara
(I got the second lilac tee-featured in today’s haul video and also the blue paisley tunic)

IMG_2058IMG_2061IMG_2062IMG_2063

IMG_2064
IMG_2060

 

I liked the minty top above, but I wanted something even longer.  I still have a great minty tank from Banana Republic from last season that I plan to wear a lot this spring/summer.

What else am I focusing on this week?  Working on drafting ideas for my new blog design:

IMG_2069

Relaxing before I start another big week (by reading People Style Watch, of course)

IMG_2070

and H and I are about to enjoy delicious Five Guys burgers for dinner (I get mine without the bun, less guilt and I don’t miss the bread at all!) 

What could be better?

xoxo,

Veronika.

PS--- You can watch my latest haul video below (only if you want to!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment