Friday Evening Bloggin': Target Trip & Loving Kate Middleton

Two days in a row of blogging---I'm well on my way to breaking records here, people! (insert sarcasm here).

Today after work I stopped at Target because my co-worker was wearing the CUTEST Xhiliration dress from there and I just had to have it. It's a little short in the smaller sizes so I got a large and will belt it for optimum fit (plus, the large happened to be the only one left in the store, so it was meant to be) I love it when my co-workers come in wearing an great outfit and they tell me it's from Target. Three of us actually own a bunch of the exact same pieces so we always joke that all three of us should wear the same outfit to work one day, you know, just to be dorks.

Anyway, here is the dress:

I actually love the loose top, but the waist does need to be cinched a bit.  I have just the belt for it!  I wore a simple dress I got for about $14 at American Eagle when I was in Austin a month ago (below):

As you can see, I managed to make the dressing room look like a disaster.  Next up, I bought some Maybelline Falsies mascara (waterproof, of course). I'm not sure why, but I've heard some people rave about it and my curiosity got the better of me.  Have YOU tried it?

File this next item under "lately I've been loving..." It's Orly's "Frisky" nail polish that I mentioned in my first-ever haul video (watch it here).  Emily from Cupcakes & Cashmere inspired me to get it and I have to say the formula is amazing. Two coats is all you need for perfect, opaque coverage. The ONLY weird part is taking it off.  It took me a lot of remover/cotton rounds to take it off because it kind of spread the color onto my skin a little...it didn't "melt away seamlessly" like most polishes do (hey, no one's perfect, right?) I'm assuming because of the pigmentation of that color, it's a little "thicker" and thus makes it a little more difficult to remove. I now want to try a ton of other Orly polishes since Butter London's "No More Waity Katie" failed me in ways I don't even want to get into (okay, so maybe I will...horrible application, not a great color, worst nail polish to take off ever in my life...etc)

So, here's "Frisky." LOVE.

Now, you may be reading this wondering "what's Veronika up to on a Friday night?" Well ladies, the truth is, I'm hanging out with Kate Middleton

Because really, what the heck could be better than 80 pages of Middleton goodness?  I picked this up at Target because it was calling my name and I wanted to look at pretty pictures of Kate and this mag definitely delivers.  Here's some of the content so you get an idea of what this special fashion edition People magazine is all about:
HATS!!! DRESSES!!!! AMAZING HAIR!!!


Oh Kate, you make Fridays great. Now, more importantly, what are you up to on this lovely Friday night?

xoxo,

Veronika.

0 comments:

Post a Comment