16 Weeks!

Week 16 went well.  I still haven't gotten back into working out, but I cleaned my house this weekend---so that counts as a workout, right?  


How far along? 16 weeks

Total weight gain/loss: I have gained a total of 4 lbs so far. My OBGYN told me I should aim for 20 lbs total for the entire pregnancy, which seems low, so we'll see. 


Maternity clothes? Not yet.

Stretch marks? Not yet (still using Belli's Elasticity Belly Oil at night and Mamma Mio Tummy Rub during the day). I realize they are genetic, but it doesn't hurt to use creams and oils.


Symptoms:  I am having more round ligament pain than before. I am also thirsty a lot.


Sleep: Still using my Snoogle and have been sleeping well. Still going to bed earlier than I used to, but not as early as first trimester.

Best moment this week: 
Seeing my OB for my 16 week appointment and getting to hear the baby's heartbeat---it was a strong 156 bpm.


Worst moment of the week: Getting my blood taken for the quad screen that they do in second trimester. I don't hate getting blood drawn (I donate blood) but I hate waiting for the results of the tests. It always stresses me out and makes me anxious.  Praying everything is okay. (update: my screens came back negative, so thankful).


Have you told family and friends: Yes!


Miss Anything? The motivation to work out, eggs 
Benedict

Movement: This was the first week I think I *may* have felt movement, because I have nothing else to explain the sensations.  Most of the time it feels like a little piece of popcorn "popping" (lightly) and I have felt a few "flutters" too. It only happens when I am laying propped up on the couch or in bed. Sometimes, it feels like little bubbles in there.


Food cravings: Same as last week- cuties clementines (cannot stop eating them), tomato soup, grilled cheese, gingerbread cookies, cereal with milk.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Not at the moment.


Have you started to show yet: The day I hit 16 weeks I looked in the mirror from the side that night and my belly was the biggest it's been so far.  It seemed to only last a few days though because it hasn't stayed that large. Maybe I ate a lot that day. It is growing though---and I can definitely see a difference. But I haven't "popped" fully yet, ut still tends to fluctuate. You can see a little bump when I wear fitted clothing.




Gender prediction: We will do the big reveal Christmas day! We can't wait to find out :)


Belly Button in or out? In, but it's starting to look less deep than it used to.


Wedding rings on or off? On


Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!


Looking forward to: Finding 
out the sex of the baby.

Thank you for reading and for all of my pregnant readers, please feel free to check in below as well and let me know how your pregnancy is going :) I also welcome everyone's advice and comments about pregnancy :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment