14 Weeks!

I am so excited to be starting my weekly pregnancy update series!  I wasn't sure what made the best sense when it came to doing these, but after some feedback on Facebook, it seems like it would be best to summarize the last week (so do these one week behind).

I am starting with week 14 and will update every Wednesday since that is when I switch over to the next week. So technically, today, I am 15 weeks pregnant, but this post is a summary of 14 weeks.


I will also do bump photos because I think it will be fun to document the progress of my growing bump. 



(a little over 14 weeks in this photo)

How far along? 14 Weeks


Total weight gain/loss: The last time I weighed myself, I weighed the same or a pound or so less than my pre-pregnancy weight. Because I stopped working out my entire first trimester, I lost a lot of muscle mass that I had gained working out with my trainer. I have a 16 week appointment next week, so I'll see if I've gained by then.



(14 weeks, 6 days---this was taken after being at work all day and eating all day 
so I'm more bloated than I am in the morning)


Maternity clothes? Not yet, my regular clothes still fit---though as I get bloated throughout the day, I do start to feel like I want to unbutton my pants


Stretch marks? No (I use Belli's Elasticity Belly Oil at night and Mamma Mio Tummy Rub during the day)


Symptoms:  I still have occasional nausea at night, but it is much less intense and starts much later in the evening than it used to. I am still tired some days (okay, most days), but it is getting better and I can feel myself becoming more energized and productive. Occasionally I get stretching type pains/sensations in my uterus and of course, the bloating.  I've also noticed that my vision seems to be slightly worse than before, but my OB said that is common.


Sleep: Ever since I got a Snoogle, sleeping has been so much better. They really make a world of a difference. My OB/GYN told me to try and sleep on my left side as much as I can so I sleep on my left side most of the night and take breaks to sleep on my right side throughout the night.


Best moment this week:
 Deciding that we are probably going to go ahead and book an u/s for about 17.5 weeks to find out if baby is a boy or girl before Christmas.


Worst moment of the week: Getting read-ended by a driver who wasn't paying attention (I was fully stopped at a red light for a minute and she just drove right into me).  I called my OB/GYN the next morning and they had me go to the women's assessment center at the hospital because I am RH negative. I had some blood work done, an ultrasound (got to see baby!) and they gave me the Rhogam shot early as a precaution (I would have gotten it at 28 weeks anyway).  Thank God everything is okay. I do feel a little anxious driving now that I have precious cargo.


Have you told family and friends: Yes!


Miss Anything? Sleeping on my stomach, sometimes coffee, green tea, turkey sandwiches


Movement: I don't think so, it's still very early. I have a posterior placenta which means I may feel movement earlier, but it's hard to tell with a first pregnancy what to expect. I've had a couple of moments where I wondered if a slight fluttery/bubbly feeling in my stomach was movement, but it's hard to tell. 


Food cravings: cuties clementines, veggies (carrots and broccoli) with ranch dip, tomato soup, grilled cheese, kiwis, cereal, frozen yogurt.

Anything making you queasy or sick: I used to sometimes get nauseous at the sight of salad, but that is slowly going away.  I can't think of anything in particular that makes me feel queasy other than chicken that is really dry. I can't even look at it, let alone eat it.


Have you started to show yet: At night when I'm bloated, I swear I have a bump! No one in real life would notice though. If I ever tell anyone that I'm pregnant they look at my stomach and look back up at me with a confused expression. LOL. I am definitely not showing yet.


Gender prediction: I think it's a boy, H thinks it's a girl. BTW, I know it's the sex of the baby and not the gender, but I'm using the standard format of this weekly survey.


Labor Signs: No


Belly Button in or out? In


Wedding rings on or off? On


Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!


Looking forward to: Feeling the baby move and finding 
out the sex of the baby and 

Some ladies have asked for an update on my skin/skincare routine since I've been pregnant and I decided I would cover that in a separate post.


I am so happy to be starting my second trimester!  Mommies and moms-to-be, please feel free to share your experiences in the comments below. I love hearing your feedback about your pregnancies and what you experienced :)


PS- HUGE THANKS to all of the amazing women who have emailed and messaged me messages of congratulation---I promise I am working on responding to my emails eventually but it's been tough to get to them all---just know I read (and love and appreciate) every single email and message!

0 comments:

Post a Comment