What's in My Fridge This Week?

I get a lot of requests to talk about what I eat, so I thought it would be fun to do a "what's in my fridge" post. I say "this week" because obviously it varies, usually I switch up my fruits based on what's in season.

Please note that this does not include all of the meats and veggies---I freeze most of our meats and we let them thaw out overnight to make the next night for dinner. My freezer is also packed full of frozen veggies (we buy fresh too, but I hate being wasteful and sometimes we don't always use what we buy so frozen is the way to go in those cases). Our freezer currently has chicken tenderloins, salmon and ground turkey.


Level one has:  Chiobani yogurts, canned tuna (in water), cherries, strawberries, pasta sauce, pelegrino water (we don't drink this but I got it at an event and keep it around for guests), a bottle of wine, mozzarella cheese sphere and roasted sun-dried tomatoes.


Second shelf has organic basil leaves (to make salad dressing), baby arugula (my fave for salads), cut up bell peppers (in yellow, red and orange), cut-up strawberries, cut-up peaches, ZICO water for smoothies and 1% milk.


This drawer has turkey bacon, low sodium turkey cold cuts, white American cheese from the deli, cheese sticks and shredded Mexican-style cheese.

The second drawer has a bag of potatoes and a red onion.


The fridge door has some mayonnaise (never use it), some Reeces pieces (I later threw them out because they were expired), red bull (don't drink it), some other soda (don't drink it), coffee, basil pesto, balsamic vinaigrette,  salad dressing, ketchup, egg beaters, pre-made tuna packs, freeze dried garlic, spray butter and half & half (I use this at work for my morning coffee). The bottom that's cut off has some beer (my H's).
So that's what's in our fridge this week! I post dinner photos as often as I remember to on my Facebook page, so check it out if you want to see what we eat!

Here is what we made for dinner Tuesday night:
 

Oven-baked chicken tenderloins (made with butter and Mrs. Dash spices) and fire-roasted sundried tomatoes on top.

The side salad is Arugula with strawberries, bell peppers, walnuts and a balsamic dressing. On Monday night we had oven-baked salmon with pesto with potatoes on the side (the small ones that come in 3 colors).

YUM!  What items do you always keep stocked in YOUR fridge?

0 comments:

Post a Comment