My First Designer Bag, An Incredible Night Out & the JPG Dress Makes Its Debut

Saturday was an extremely eventful day and night for me. If you read my blog yesterday, you'll know that Candice and I did our HardCore Pilates class and we are both SO sore today!

After that class we headed over to the outlets on 290 for a little shopping in the gorgeous, sunny and HOT weather (yay! it was so hot you could have laid out at the pool...that means summer is coming!)

About a month or so ago, Candice and I were visiting these same outlets and she purchased a gorgeous
Micheal Kors handbag. I almost bought the exact same one myself, but I resisted (even though I loved it and it was on sale!) Well, it turns out that Candice decided she was going to invest in her first Louis Vuitton bag (which is stunning, BTW), so she generously sold the Micheal Kors bag to me at an even more reduced price than she paid (being the amazing friend she is she offered to just give it to me, but I totally couldn't let her do that.) So the little gold hoop that affixes the shoulder strap to the bag had broken so we took the bag back to the outlet and they just gave me a completely new shoulder strap which I thought was awesome (I thought they were going to make me wait 4 weeks to get a new strap, so I was pleased I was able to get one right then and there.)

Here is the gorgeous bag (I just LOVE black and gold!)

I've never owned a designer bag in my life, so this was exciting for me! I love it. Thank you again Candice!!!

While at the outlets I bought a ton of socks from the Nike store (I only like the super-short ones that don't poke out of the tops of your shoes.) I got black ones this time around because it seems like they would show even less! (can you tell I hate socks? LOL)

I also got this cute top from a store called Papaya. It's kind of like the D'Gaci store I mentioned the other day. Just lots of random clothes like Forever 21. I am really into one-shoulder tops right now, as you can probably tell. I think this one will look awesome with skinny jeans.

I'm also really into stripes right now. This top cost about $14 and I got a size medium.

After our shopping trip we went home, rested and started to get ready for
my hairdresser's birthday party on a party bus (so fun- I have never been on a party bus and now I know why they are so awesome!) A lot of you have asked me about my Velcro rollers, and I remembered to snap a pic of them in my hair:

Notice that it doesn't look like there is a method to my madness in these pictures, but I actually do arrange my rollers a certain way and use different size rollers in different areas.

My makeup for the evening was my usual look but I added eyeshadow, went heavy on the liner and added pink gloss.

On my eyes:
MAC PaintPot in "Bare Study"
MAC "Retrospeck" e/s
MAC "Satin Taupe" e/s
Benefit Eye Bright Pencil
Coastal Scents 88 Warm Palette matte cream e/s as highlight
LORAC e/s (don't know the name it is a bronzey color)
Bobbi Brown LongWear Gel Liner in "Black Mauve"
MAC e/s in "Brun" on lower eye area (to line)
L'Oreal Volume Collagen Mascara


On my face I used MAC studio fix powder, NARS Laguna Bronzer, Bobbi Brown blush in "peony" and MAC MSF in "Porcelain Pink" as a highlight.

I ended up wearing my Jean Paul Gautier for Target dress for the first time last night. I love it! It got a lot of compliments too!

and the evening's accessories:

Dress- JPG for Target; Shoes- Paris Hilton; Necklace- NYLightMetals; Bracelet- Forever 21; Flower Ring- Forever 21.

...and here is the gorgeous hot pink dress Candice wore (by Rachel Roy at Macy's). I was absolutely obsessed with the back of it! Gorgeous and straight out of Sex and the City! (by the way I've asked Candice to write some blogs for y'all on various topics including skincare, Accutane and other beauty treatments and workouts she's done!) She is my fitness inspiration, she works out almost every day and is super committed to her health.

and, we totally didn't plan this but...

How cute right!? We both had hot pink soles! Hers are BCBG and mine are my Paris Hilton bow shoes.

Here are a few more pics from the night, before I get to the bad part:

My wonderful hairdresser and I! Happy Birthday David!

So after having the most amazing night visiting some super fun clubs (we went to Meteor and South Beach for those in Houston who might know them)...it was about 1:30 in the morning and Candice and I are just walking in the parking lot area of South Beach when all of a sudden I fall.

It was a flying-forward-don't-know-what-the-heck-just-happened kind of fall. I think my heel got trapped in something and I literally flew forward out of my shoes and fell so hard.

I was so shocked that I just laid there for a moment as I tried to understand what just happened. You know how they say sometimes stuff like that happens seemingly in slow motion? Not this. I remember asking "are my dress and shoes OK?" meanwhile I'm laying there with two extremely bruised and scraped-up knees and cuts on both hands, bleeding. I'll spare you the photos.

I think I wasn't able to "break" my fall because the bottom of my dress was more fitted, so I couldn't like spread my legs out to try and catch my fall and I just flew forward. So that part of the night wasn't so awesome.

I'm so sore from the HardCore Pilates class and the fall that I've just been on painkillers all day and I'm still in pain! Yep, I'm whining. Pity part for one!

We did manage to make it to mass this morning at Lakewood and it was a wonderful sermon. The statium was packed.

If you celebrate Easter, Happy Easter to you and your family!

Now it's time for me to watch some DVR'd shows, relax and recover. We had a massive all- you-can-eat brunch after church and I'm so full I can hardly move!

What did you do this weekend? Did you make any exciting purchases or attend any fabulous events?

xoxo,

Veronika

0 comments:

Post a Comment