Swimwear That Saves (Our Planet)

When I was pregnant with Harper, I started becoming more aware of eco-friendly, organic and natural products.  I even changed all of my cleaning products so I wouldn't be exposed to certain chemicals.

That's why when I was approached recently by a brand called ECO SWIM by AQUA GREEN, I was curious to learn more and was immediately impressed with what they had to offer--- swim and beachwear that's made responsibly with a mission to help our planet and reduce our carbon footprint.

ECO SWIM is a U.S. based, fourth generation family-owned company. The family behind the brand believes that they have a responsibility to our families to reduce our overall environmental impact. They currently design, fit, source, cut and sew all of their items in their home state of Pennsylvania and they've pioneered ecological initiatives to keep our beaches and planet beautiful for generations to come---all because they know it's the right thing to do.

The company has also put their money where their mouth is by funding clean-up projects and to date, they've collected over 50,000 pounds of trash from our beaches and they've also planned and funded 13 clean-up events throughout 2013.

I picked out this pretty (and super-comfy) gray cover-up and one of their polka-dot bikinis (I don't think it's a surprise I chose polka-dots since I'm obsessed). Cover-ups are a total must-have right now as I'm nowhere near being ready to frolic on a beach in my bikini yet... or come to think of it, frolic in general. I think it's clear this brand proves that being eco-friendly doesn't mean sacrificing style. 
(LOVE that the sides are adjustable in length!)
And here is the bikini top---it's SO cute and flattering and I love the feminine detail of the layered ruffles (it also comes with straps!) 
How cute are those bottoms?!  I love that they offer a little more coverage. Definitely digging that post-baby!

Cover Up- c/o Eco Swim | Bikini- c/o Eco Swim | Sunglasses- c/o Lulus | Hat- Zingara | Shoes- Ivanka Trump (similar) | Clutch- Kate Spade (similar, similar, love this one too!)

Does how eco-friendly a brand is influence what you buy? I'm curious to hear your answers!

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment