A Cropped Denim Jacket

I haven't owned a denim jacket in a long time but suddenly I was craving one.  I wanted something lightweight for summer and a darker denim (though I love the light ones too!)  

I was browsing at Nordstrom last week and saw a really cute denim jacket on display and decided to try it on just for fun.  It was reasonably priced at $69 (some can go into the $200 range and I didn't want to spend that) and it fit really nicely and was really thin (perfect for the hot weather).  The jacket is by Kut from the Kloth Denim and it comes in different colors. For reference, I got a medium and I would say it fits on the smaller side, so size up if you're between sizes. I'm 38 weeks, 2 days pregnant in these photos :)




Denim Jacket- Kut from the Kloth denim @ Nordstrom (light color, dark color)
Necklace- J.Crew 
Maxi Dress- c/o PB&J Boutique 
Shoes- Steve Madden- similar, similar, similar


A few ladies have asked me if this maxi dress is see-thru because of the close-up photo where you can see skin through it (it's actually a nude slip, not my skin).  Yes, the entire fabric of the dress is sheer. I have to wear it with a nude slip to make sure my underwear doesn't show through.  

I took a photo of the dress upside-down so you could see how the fabric is throughout the garment if you're thinking of purchasing.  The sheerness doesn't bother me, but I realize that it may not be up everyone's alley.  I've kind of noticed that most maxi dresses that are a jersey/cotton material are not thick enough to wear without a slip and I wear them with slips even when I am not pregnant. My mint green one required a slip as well. 


Wishing everyone a happy weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment