38 & 39 Weeks!

I decided to combine my 38 and 39 week posts so that by next Wednesday (my due date) the updates would be current.

My life these days consists of going to work (still working full time), OB appointments and trying to get rest every night.  I have been feeling pretty tired after work everyday so I just try to take it easy when I'm at home. 


I still don't feel a sense of urgency even though my due date is a week away--but I do feel anticipation, of course. I have a feeling this little girl will go into June (though if I don't go into labor before 41 weeks I will be induced because of the aforementioned clotting issues).


Maybe I don't feel a sense of urgency because I haven't been making any progress at my weekly checks...but then again I've heard of women not being dilated at all and then going into labor the next day. Everyone is so different when it comes to their labor experience so I suppose it's possible I'll have the baby by my due date but I just have a feeling she will be late.


I did start packing my hospital bag with all of the essentials so I know if I went into labor I could quickly throw in a few extra items and be ready to go. Plus, we don't live far from the hospital so my husband could always go home and get anything I needed. I've heard that most women over-pack for the hospital anyway so I'm trying not to pack too much since I'll probably be in a hospital gown most of the time. 


Having said that, I did pick up a few new sleep shirts from Victoria's Secret because I have worn out my Target and F21 sleep dresses and sleep tees during my pregnancy. I was using creams and oils on my belly every night and wanted to wear-out the stuff I already had instead of wearing nicer stuff. I love the Gilligan O'Malley line from Target, but those sleep dresses fall apart after like six months of wear (this was happening with my sleep dresses before I was pregnant, so not due to pregnancy, pretty sure it's a quality issue).  They wash okay but they tend to just start looking drab and the ones with lace start to rip all over the place---I've already had to throw one away that I didn't even get to wear into pregnancy. 


I purchased three sleep shirts from VS---two for post-baby and one to wear at the hospital.




This is a cotton one from the Mayfair Collection and I also got it in a blue and white small gingham print.  They are so comfy and nice and long. Plus, since I'll be hanging out at the house all day feeding, changing and tending to a newborn, it might be nice to wear something that's somewhat cute and also is easy to breastfeed in (yay for buttons!)


The third one I got is the Sleepover Cotton Sleep Tee---this one is SO soft and feels amazing on.  It's lightweight and I got this one to wear after delivery (after showering, obviously) with a nursing bra. The buttons will be convenient for breastfeeding and the soft fabric will lovely for mom and baby. Plus, it's black... so I'm not worried about stains or anything.


It felt nice to buy some new PJ's after wearing ratty ones for the last few months.  It's kind of like wearing nice workout clothes...nice PJ's won't make you sleep better (umm...especially with a newborn), but you'll feel good putting them on and I'll take any feel-good I can get postpartum.  I realize the baby is probably going to spit up all over me too, but oh well, that's life with a baby!

How did YOU feel one week before your due date?  Did your baby arrive early, right on time, or late? Please share in the comments!

How far along? 39 weeks today! Whoa.

Total weight gain/loss: I've gained 30 pounds so far and will probably gain a few more, who knows! 


Maternity clothes? Same as last week---lots of maxi dresses and my GAP maternity skinnies with Liz Lange tanks and non-maternity loose tops and tunics. I pretty much just want to wear sweatpants everyday, but I can't show up at work like that, haha.

Stretch marks? Still none. I'm using Belli's Elasticity Belly Oil and Mustela double-action stretch mark cream in rotation. 

Symptoms: I'm feeling tired, lots of pressure, having Braxton Hicks contractions occasionally and overall I feel uncomfortable and sometimes crampy at night. I'm ready for baby girl to make her arrival.  


Sleep: I wake up a lot to pee and most nights I wake up around 3-4 a.m. and can't get back to sleep again for an hour or so. They say it's your body's way of preparing you for all of those night feedings...

Best moment this week: Realizing that we will meet our baby soon and celebrating with friends at my work baby shower:



Miss Anything? Being comfortable


Movement: Some days she is partying in there and other days I feel less movement now that she's running out of room.  


Food cravings: Subway, honey nut cheerios, ice cream, fruit (I am eating tons of it lately)

Anything making you queasy or sick: Not really


Have you started to show yet: I feel huge!



Baby is a: Girl!

Belly Button in or out? Out


Wedding rings on or off? Still wearing faux bands

Happy or Moody most of the time: I feel happy and also anxious and excited to meet our baby...just overall feeling anticipation

Looking forward to: A spa/pool day with Candice to celebrate my 30th birthday!  We decided to celebrate this weekend since I could go into labor by my birthday (crossing my fingers!)



I found Lulu in the nursery hanging out on this lamb mat---don't worry, I haven't washed it yet and it will be washed before the baby uses it! I have to remove that tag too.


Speaking of my birthday, this was an early birthday gift---a Nespresso machine to use during my leave to make delicious lattes. So many of you recommended this espresso maker and we absolutely love it, so thank you!

Thank you for reading and for all of my pregnant readers, please feel free to check-in below as well and let me know how your pregnancy is going :) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment