Our Weekend: Nursery Updates, IKEA Trip & More

Our morning started off early---with the nursery chandelier and curtains installed at 8:30 a.m. followed by a trip to Rice Village to pick up our glider.

I'm so thrilled with how the nursery looks right now.  It's such a beautiful, serene space. I think it's actually turning out better than I had imagined as it all comes together---and it's not even complete yet!

After picking up our glider we had a delicious lunch at Hungry's---one of my favorite lunch spots. I absolutely love their chicken salad plate and tomato basil soup. YUM.

Best.chicken.salad.ever.

Before leaving the Village, we stopped in at Baby Gap because the entire store was 30% off. In addition to picking up some socks, I also got three adorable little items for the baby:



Speaking of shopping, I mentioned in a previous post that I haven't shopped for myself in a long time. I'm perfectly content wearing all of the clothes I already have right now and I look forward to treating myself to some new pieces when I return to work after the baby is here.  I did pick up a couple of items at Target the other day though, so I thought I'd share them!


I loved the stretchy tech fabric of this Champion brand shirt. The color is also a great neutral to pair with brighter workout clothes. It was $24.99 and I got a size medium. It's super long too which is great for the bump. 


I also picked up this lilac cotton shirt by Xhiliration for $12.99.  I love wearing tops like this for lounging around the house and running errands. This one is a size large, to accommodate my bump.

Finally, the last item was something I ordered online---I bought this Forever 21 dress in hopes that it would work for one of my baby showers.  Plus, I wear maxi dresses all the time in the summer so it will work great post-pregnancy too:

(buy here- and check out the image on the model- really pretty!)

After we dropped off the glider at home today, we went to IKEA to pick up more items for the  nursery.  We bought some frames for wall art, some ledges we will use as book shelves (thank you Pinterest!) and a new LACK coffee table. 

IKEA on a Saturday afternoon=madness central!

We've had our LACK coffee table for five years now and after years of wear-and-tear and a move, it had all kinds of dings on it and was just looking really banged up (I had been using a black Sharpie to cover all of the dings but even that was no longer doing the job). It's a steal at $39.99 so we decided that since we loved it so much, we would get a new one.


I'm so glad we decided to get it! One word of warning though---the legs of our table didn't come with the holes that were supposed to be pre-drilled into them to install the shelf underneath the table.  Thankfully, my husband was able to use his drill to drill in the holes and it all worked out---but I would check the box before you buy to make sure the legs of the table have the holes in them.  It's really not a difficult job, but if you don't have a drill you'd have to return it for a new one.

Before I go---I wanted to clarify something about my last blog post because I have gotten some Facebook comments about it and also a nasty anonymous comment here on my blog.  Firstly, we do not put our dog in the crib on a regular basis.  The photo of Lulu inside of the crib was a one-time deal the day it was delivered and he was in it for less than 30 seconds while I snapped a quick photo.  The sheet he was on has not been washed and the mattress the sheet is on is still wrapped in its original plastic, even today.  Also, at no point during Lulu's 30 seconds in the crib did he touch or make any kind of contact with the bumper (which we ended up exchanging for a different color). He was dead-center in the middle of the crib, sitting and as soon as I snapped the photo I lifted him right out.  I didn't let him walk around or roll around in there.

And speaking of the bumper---I get they aren't for everyone and some people think they are stupid/wasteful/dangerous. I mentioned we did not plan to use it once the baby is sleeping in the crib for safety reasons, but that I got it because I like the way it completes the look of the crib---which is true, and I know tons of moms who did the same thing (and even a few who got some nasty-grams on their blogs about it too).  When we purchased our crib and some of the other items and bedding we ordered, Restoration Hardware Baby & Child was having a promotion where you received $100 off of your order every time you spent a certain amount.  In order to reach this amount and get more money off of our order, I decided to order the bumper to bring us to a total that would save us more money---so basically, it ended up costing me $30 and not the price it sells for online. I don't see that as a waste, if you do, that's okay, but please don't leave me a nasty comment about it.

Speaking of nursery updates---I contemplated showing progress photos (and I may still do that) but I also like the idea of waiting until it's all complete. I will do a full source list for anyone who is interested in where the items in our nursery were purchased.  Right now all of the big elements are in place---furniture, lighting and window treatments.  It's all of the little details that I'm so excited about. I have a few DIY projects I'm planning as well so I may do some separate posts on those if y'all are interested.

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend and thank you for reading!

0 comments:

Post a Comment