Key West Trip (Photo Heavy)

I am still in vacation mode so it was weird to go back to work today.  My husband and I were lucky enough to be able to travel to Key West last week for a wedding.  I can truly say that I LOVE Key West and I would go back there times ten! 

It is so laid back and relaxing and the hotel we stayed at (the Southernmost) was wonderful and you really felt like you were at a nice resort.

Awesome things about our trip:
  • The white sands and blue ocean water
  • The incredible food (you MUST eat breakfast/brunch at Blue Heaven and Bagatelle---order the eggs Benedict at both places. You will thank me...also, the blueberry pancakes at Blue Heaven...they taste like heaven)
  • Duval St. = great shopping & nightlife
  • Live music everywhere---SO fun to hear live music at every bar you go to!
  • We rode bikes everywhere...I felt like a kid again...now I want a bicycle
  • We went parasailing for the first time...check that one off the bucket list!
  • The rain stopped pouring just as the bride was walking down the aisle (thank God!)
  • I actually felt really relaxed and got into the laid back vibe of the people there
  • Our hotel pool was awesome
  • I won a hula-hoop contest (what what!) and I got a free Mimosa for winning- double awesome
  • Continental is reimbursing me for the things I had to buy when they lost my luggage
  • I carried on all of my valuables which somewhat eased the trauma of the lost luggage
  • My hair was not that bad, considering the weather
  • I did not get a sunburn anywhere on my body (though, my spray tan faded significantly)
Not so awesome things:
  •  Continental/United booked us on an "invalid" flight with a 17-minute layover so we had to fly out a day early and stay in a hotel overnight to make our next flight into Key West in the morning
  • Continental/United LOST my luggage...you know, the one that had all of my clothes and shoes in it
  • I cried because my luggage was lost and I was convinced it was stolen (I got it at about 1 am that night)
  • I was SO cold at night. I swear there is something wrong with me. Everyone else was all shorts and dresses and I was all dresses with a sweater and a scarf
  • Our flight on the way home was cancelled...but we were able to get on another one that got us back to Tampa in time for our connecting flight back home
  • I ate too much candy at the wedding and felt like I was going to die (drank water for the rest of the night to try and clear the sugar out)
  • The overall airline experience with Continental/United...everyone just seems not to know what they are doing...hopefully it's just a result of the merger and things will improve over time

If you haven't been to Key West, I highly, I highly recommend it.  We just had such a wonderful time and it really feels like a real getaway but with all of the comforts of home (Starbucks! Shopping! Nightlife!) It's also great because unlike some islands you travel to outside of the US, you feel completely safe walking the streets at night and leaving your resort.
Okay, now to the photos.  Here are some of my faves!


 In front of our hotel:



 The bikes I loved so much....



Mimosas...like whoa & pool time...

 
 
 



The Wedding:
 (I wore the Cynthia Vincent Dress I got on MyHabit.com)


The Bride & Groom:


Wedding FUN:

A little too much fun at the candy buffet with Pixie Stix:



Eggs Benedict from Bagatelle (must-order!!!)



 It ain't a vacation without nude statues:
 Hubs on the sunset cruise!


Parasailing Awesomeness!



Birdy...
 
Our first meal---on the beach---in the $11 dress I had to buy because I had no clothes!

 
Calling Continental/United Airlines (look at that traumatized look on my face):

 
Congratulations to the happy couple! Isn't the bride just gorgeous?!


Tomorrow, I am going to post my outfits from the trip...I know you can see some of them here, but I took specific outfit photos to post because I thought a lot of my readers might enjoy getting an idea of what kinds of items I packed and what I wore the most.

Wishing everyone a wonderful week!

xoxo,

Veronika.

0 comments:

Post a Comment