Quick & Easy Holiday DIY Projects

Well, it's November and I'm already breaking out the holiday decor,which you've already seen if you follow me on instagram. I probably won't put my tree up until after Thanksgiving, but I'm enjoying infusing a little holiday cheer into our home early.

During Harper's naptime today, I got out some trusty crafting supplies and got to work. I used some Spritz gift wrap that I purchased on sale at Target several weeks ago to create some gift tags and to wrap a gift:
I based all of my crafts around this paper because I thought the neutral color and polka dots would be fun to "dress up" for the holidays. I got this entire roll of gift wrap for $1! (and I totally bought two rolls, just for good measure).
The first thing I did was wrap a gift with the paper and then add glitter ribbon. I used a glue gun to create the little bow on top of the gift box and to affix the ribbon to the box itself (I was inspired by this pin).
Next. I cut the gift wrap into the shape of a gift tag and used a second floral-print paper (also from an invitation set I got at Target forever ago) to create little gift tags. I added twine and used a Sharpie to write messages of holiday cheer on the tags.
Finally, I cut out the letter "H" for Harper's name and affixed it with a hot glue gun to a square piece of felt. Then, I used some glitter tulle that I got from an event I attended (it was wrapped around the dinner napkins and I thought I could use it for a craft and took it home- they were throwing them away anyway!) Finally, I used some glitter ribbon to secure the middle of the bow and added thick twine to affix it to a gift (or you could also use it as an ornament!)
This year will be the first year my H and I will host Christmas dinner so I'm also looking at items that will prettify my dining table.  Right now I'm really loving these mercury glass accessories and these ombre glasses (both from Target). I think they add an element of glam to a dinner table, which is exactly the look I'm going for. I'll be sure to update y'all on what my Christmas dinner and table decor plans are!
Do you have any fun DIY projects planned for this holiday? Let me know in the comments below or tag me on Instagram (my IG is @veronabrit). Use the hashtag #MyKindOfHoliday!

This post is in partnership with Target. All opinions are my own.

0 comments:

Post a Comment