Our Weekend...

What a great weekend we enjoyed these past two days!  Harper's daycare had a fall festival and it was so fun to see all of the other kids and babies enjoying the activities. There was a petting zoo, pony rides, jumpy castle, parks, live music and lots and lots (and lots) of food. The theme was "around the world" and families brought desserts from different countries. I was a total mommy fail and just bought some mini cinnamon buns at Kroger. They were delicious, bite-sized and, let's face it, I didn't want to bake.

Here are a few snaps from our adventures. Harper looks kind of glum in these photos because I think she didn't really know what to do with herself with all of the people, things and animals everywhere, but I promise we got some smiles and she didn't cry while we were there, so that's always a plus!

 Starting with Harper's outfit...
tee- peek (@Nordstrom) | leggings- baby gap | socks- carter's | bow headband- c/o Willow Crowns on Etsy (check out her blog, here)

I am obsessed with these new hair bows that Megan sent over for Harper.The little glitter part in the middle is just too sweet. You can check out her shop here. I know I'll be purchasing more pieces from her shop in the future.
Checking out the petting zoo...there were baby pigs, a massive turtle (?), a lama, goats, bunnies, chickens, etc...
Harper's first time going down a slide, looking unenthused holding a balloon (maybe she wanted a different color? lol!) and her first time on a swing (she actually smiled most of the time on the swing---we have a video!)

Earlier that morning, I went briefly to the Galleria to return the gorgeous dark green velvet pants I had ordered at J.Crew last week. I ordered a size up because they're a slim fit but I didn't like the way they fit and the didn't have the size down so I decided to just return them. No point in keeping something you don't love the fit of, even if you do love the fabric. Speaking of going to the Galleria...I used to like going there and now it's just such a cluster that my goal is to get in and get out as quickly was possible. I wish there was some way to virtually try on almost everything and see fabrics via video, because I would shop online exclusively if that were the case.

Anyway...

The real reason I went to the Galleria is to pick out some sunglasses. I saw my eye doctor recently and I have to get a new prescription because my eyesight worsened during pregnancy (and also from looking at my iPhone screen, she said- but what else was I going to do while I was pumping all the time?)  So I decided since I already had a pair of tortoise Chanels I would look for a simple black pair.  I tried on several pairs and ended up going with these, by Gucci:
I really like the shape and the sides have simple gold bars that say "Gucci." I'm not really a brand loyalist when it comes to sunglasses  I just get whichever frame looks best on my face. I know that some sunglasses get really trendy and are the "must-have" but since mine are prescription, I like to get something that suits my features and isn't too trendy. By the way, I felt like a total idiot taking a selfie out in the open at Saks to see the sunglasses on myself--but I'm glad I did because that's how I decided which ones looked better on me. The sales associate liked these the best but I wasn't sure---so I snapped a picture of these and the other pair I was considering and it was very obvious that the other pair did not look as good as I thought. I think sunglasses shopping is very awkward because you have to look at yourself in the mirror a lot while someone is watching you (the sales associate) so it's easy to kind of get distracted. Anyway, I recommend taking a photo if you can---it may sway you in one direction or another if you've narrowed down your list.

I also had a gift card from Madewell that I got for my birthday and made two purchases there:
A light chambray shirt (the dark gray blazer is a recent Zara purchase). The shirt admittedly doesn't look great in this photo and I haven't decided if I'll keep it or try another one. It looks kind of shapeless in this photo but I wanted to layer it under sweaters, etc, so I will try it that way before making a decision. I got a size small and it's a boyfriend fit.
...and this awesome gray dress---which is actually a perfect length and feels really comfortable on (I got the size S- the medium was a tad bit longer but looser in the waist). I may wear it for our Christmas card photos. Unfortunately, it's not pumping-friendly, but I just won't wear it to work until I'm done nursing (what I mean by it's not pumping-friendly is that the top part is a side zip and very fitted so I would literally have to remove my entire dress over my head to pump---I have some dresses with a back zip to where I can just un-zip the back part, pull the top of my dress down and leave the bottom skirt part on).

On Saturday night, I went to see my sister-in-law who is visiting from Oklahoma where she lives perform at the Center Stage reunion gala. She is such a talented singer! I had never seen her perform before so it was a special treat.
Here she is in a photo I snapped with my in-laws wearing a beautiful lace dress!  Oh and a funny aside--- because we rushed home from the fall festival to our house so I could quickly change into clothes for the gala, I knew I wouldn't have time to pump before I left so I totally brought my pump to the event and pumped in my car after dinner, but before the show started. I thought it might be weird, but whatever. No one saw (the parking lot was full but everyone was inside) and it was dark out. Easy peasy! I also have to thank Jenn of Two by Two Mom for mailing me her Medela Pump in Style Advanced car adapter. It comes in so handy in moments like this! Love how supportive the mammas in the blogging community are :)

I got home pretty late on Saturday night so we slept in a little bit on Sunday and later my in-laws and sister-in-law met us for brunch and then we just hung out at our house afterwards. My SIL doesn't get to see Harper a lot so we just relaxed at home and watched Harper sit and laugh and play.
onesie- baby gap (nla) | bow cuff leggings- baby gap | moccasins- freshly picked | headband- willow crowns, c/o
 Out at brunch with auntie Karyn:
and because I just can't resist including some more of my favorite photos from the weekend...
holding her own bottle, like a boss...
practicing sitting...
passing out while reading her new book...
sleeping on my chest...
momma+baby selfies...
baby rolls...sigh...

I think Harper is just at such a fun age right now and everyone keeps telling me it just gets better and better.  One new thing Harper discovered this weekend was her voice. She was babbling and making all kinds of noises, and she's added loud shrieking to her repertoire. Fun times!

Wishing you all a great week!

*all items in this post were purchased with my own money except for the hair bows which I cited as gifted.

0 comments:

Post a Comment