Happy First Father's Day!

Today, I feel lucky to be married to a man who is already an outstanding father and I'm excited to celebrate him on his first-ever father's day!

Harper's Father's Day Outfit- Baby Gap (buy it here)
Major thanks to my co-worker Angela who got her the adorable dress!

I touched on this when I posted Harper's birth story--- but it's true what they say about falling more in love with your husband when you see him become a father.

I always knew my husband would be a good dad, but I was absolutely blown away when Harper was born at just how amazing he was--- both as a partner, helping me through recovery and the emotional highs and lows, and of course as a dad to Harper---he was a total natural.

When we were in the hospital Kevin cared for me in ways I never imagined---he was so loving, compassionate and tender towards me.  He helped me every time I had to go to the bathroom (not a pretty situation after giving birth), helped me shower the morning after I gave birth, held one of the pumps in place every time I was pumping colostrum for Harper in the NICU...and so much more.  He was so encouraging about breastfeeding and was there for me every time I worked with lactation consultants at the hospital. Overall he was just more incredible than I ever imagined. The day we left the hospital I had a total ugly-cry meltdown telling him how much I loved and appreciated him and how I couldn't have gotten through it all without him, especially the stress of having Harper in the NICU.

Now that we're settled in at home, I love when he comes home from work and snuggles with Harper. I love that every morning before he leaves for work, he washes and sanitizes all of my pumping parts and bottles and that before bed and creates a kit with bottles and pumping supplies for me to use at night. I love that he wakes up in the middle of the night and volunteers to get whatever the baby needs if we forget to bring something upstairs. I love that I don't have to ask him to do things---he just does them because he wants to. Most of all, I love how much he loves her.


Some of my favorite shots from the past couple of weeks...

I didn't have the kind of father I hoped for growing up, so seeing how much my husband loves and is devoted to Harper and our family is truly heartwarming for me.  I'm so thankful for him, not just today, but everyday. I can't wait to see his relationship with Harper blossom as she grows older. 

Today we celebrated Kevin's first father's day with his parents. We ordered in food to the house from a local restaurant and then we enjoyed cake and Cold Stone ice cream. It was such a wonderful day and a memory I'll forever cherish.

(she's not always happy!)


Happy first Father's Day to the most incredible husband and father!  We love you so much!

0 comments:

Post a Comment