Emily on How to be a Stylish Mom

I first discovered Emily's blog, The Jacksons, through her sister Rachel, who blogs over at Pink Peonies.  I immediately followed both sisters---they've definitely got a style gene going on in that family!

I thought it would be fun to have Emily guest post since she is a momma to a sweet little one year old girl, Capri. I realize a lot of my readers are probably moms so I thought this was the perfect opportunity to showcase how moms can remain stylish even through the challenges of being a new mom---especially now that we are getting into Fall and there are a lot of fun trends to look forward to.

It's no secret that my husband and I have always wanted a family, and seeing all of the stylish moms in the blogosphere gives me hope that I too will dress stylishly through pregnancy and beyond, whenever that happens. Here's what Emily had to say about her style as a mom---she will definitely be one of the moms who will inspire my own style one day!

How has your style changed from before you had a baby?
My style really hasn’t changed since I had my baby. I have always liked functional, classic, and simple pieces that can be dressed up or down depending on the occasion. 

What are a few essentials every mom needs in her closet to remain stylish after having a baby?
My favorite pieces in my closet right now that are functional yet cute and essential are:  
  • Cute and comfy flats---my favorites come from J.Crew and Zara. I also love a great wedge.
  • Comfortable and versatile Skinny Jeans that have some stretch.
  • A Graphic tee or sweater, they are easy to throw on and can be a mom’s best friend. 

What trends are you most looking forward to for fall?
  • The wine and berry colors are classic and feminine. It’s my new favorite color for fall. 
  • Lots of layers.
  • Delicate details, such as bows. If a piece has a bow on it, I’m sold!
  • Animal print, It can add a little extra something to any basic outfit.


What is your go-to look when you have to run a quick errand but still want to look cute?
My go to look right now, for running a quick errand is a graphic tee, cute jacket, and flats. If I am really not feeling like getting dressed up or I don’t have time, you can usually find me in my Lululemon workout clothes.



To see more of Emily's outfits and her adorable family, visit her over at The Jacksons! Thank you Emily for sharing some style inspiration with us today!

0 comments:

Post a Comment