Weekend Shopping & I Got Glasses!

Well hello there ladies!  I hope everyone's weekend is off to a great start!  This morning, H and I went to our bootcamp class and did a super-intense workout. That was followed by a skinny vanilla latte and egg white/feta/spinach wrap from Starbucks (yum! and FYI---the egg white/feta/spinach wrap is under 250 calories and is totally delish!)

I headed to the mall today to check out the Nordstrom anniversary sale. I ended up picking up these fabulous (and widely popular) Kendra Scott "Danielle" earrings.  They are so pretty and were on sale for $37.90 down from $58. Too great of a deal to pass up!  I'd also like to get them in the turquoise color, but they didn't have em' so I'll have to wait until they go on sale on the official website or via another retailer.

Next up, I got this pretty ring from Pandora. I didn't really even know they sold rings like this but I tried it on and it was love!  The best thing is the price--- $55 which I thought was pretty incredible for a right-hand ring that is silver with mother-of-pearl. I don't own any ring like this so it will be nice to have this in addition to my wedding set. I loved it so much I wore it right out of the store!

Before leaving the mall, I stopped over at Macy's.  I had wanted a pair of Ivanka Trump's shoes for awhile, because they reminded me so much of the Valentino studded t-strap shoes (which, at $895, I definitely am not springing for).  Here's the (gorgeous) Valentino shoe:
Now, I'm normally not a fan of the kitten heel, but with the pointed toe I actually quite enjoy it. I also don't own any kitten heels, so these will be a nice option for me on days where flats won't do but I don't feel like wearing tall heels.  Here are Ivanka's Valentino inspired shoes:

I tried them on wearing black shorts, which they actually looked quite cute with!  I also think they will be great with black skirts and dresses.

Now, onto the glasses news! 
I had my eyes checked for the first time in about 10 years because I have trouble driving at night and I'm on my computer a lot so my eyes have just been feeling tired sometimes.  It turns out, I need a little bit of a prescription (- 0.75) and my vision isn't 20/20 anymore. My glasses will be for night driving and things like watching movies. I can use them when I'm on my computer a lot too. It's amazing how much sharper things look when I was doing my eye test.

I had my eyes tested at Houston's Vision Optique.  They were so great and I LOVE Dr. Shen Lee!  She is so sweet and made the whole process comfortable and easy. 

At my bootcamp class on Friday evening, a friend of mine mentioned that she also recently got glasses and told me about this kind of random eyeglass frame store that looks really junky on the outside but actually has really cute frames.  I went to check it out today because it was open until 5, and wouldn't you know it, I ended up buying the first (and only) pair I tried on. I literally saw them, put them on my face, looked in the mirror and was like "love em'!" and I just bought them on the spot.  I had originally wanted Chanel glasses but since I won't be wearing them that often, I didn't know if I wanted to spend hundreds of dollars on em'.  I still have to get my lenses created and I'll be going back to my eye doctor for that.  The glasses are by a brand called "Ernest Hemingway."  I had never heard of that before, but my motto is, if it looks good, the brand doesn't matter."

Here are my glasses:

I love that they are tortoise shell because it goes well with my hair and coloring.  I had originally planned to get black ones, but I really enjoy these.

Do YOU have glasses?  Do you like wearing them or do you prefer contacts? Let me know in the comments below!

xoxo,

Veronika.

0 comments:

Post a Comment