30 Day Challenge- Who’s With Me? (Fitness Update)

You can do anything for 30 days, right? 

That’s what I told myself this evening when I signed up for an unlimited month of classes at a local workout studio.

I’ve come to terms with the fact that I’ll likely never be one of those self-motivated people who can pump herself up to go to the gym and do a self-guided workout.  As much as it feels like a huge failure to not be able to get the motivation to do that, I also can’t let it prevent me from caring for my body.

I’ve been in denial about my fitness lately. I kept justifying it with “I’m too busy,” or “I’ll join the gym next week,” and then weeks and weeks went by with no action (though I did, miraculously, do a home workout video about 2 weeks ago and I could hardly walk for three days!)

0fit7(truer words have never been written---source: letsbehealthy.tumblr.com)

For the past several months, I’ve worked out, on average, once or twice a week.
Sometimes zero times a week.  I started to notice how weak and defeated I felt and knew I had to do something about it.  All of my clothes still fit the same and I haven’t weighed myself in a long time…but my body just doesn’t feel strong and toned anymore, and I hate that.

I’ve also been making an effort to eat better (though, I am writing this post eating ShaSha Co. Ginger Snaps, but that’s neither here nor there).  I just want to regain that feeling I had when I was kicking butt working out 4-6 days a week.

So I’ve made this commitment to myself---a 30 day challenge, if you will, to get back into shape.  Thank goodness muscles have memory, because I sure had a lot of em’ last year.

0fit(okay, so I won’t be running, but darn this girl is fit!---source: thefitspogirl.tumblr.com)

Right now is the time to start your workout routines ladies.  It’s right before summer and it’s the perfect time to motivate yourself to tone up before we start to wear shorts and swimsuits.  If you’re in the same slump as I am, let’s make May the month of change.

Focus on how much better you will feel.  I haven’t been sleeping well lately, something that has been hard for me because I’m usually a great sleeper. I can’t seem to fall asleep until 11, 11:30 or midnight most nights.  I used to be out cold by 10:30.  I still feel happy and energized throughout the day because I have a job that I love and that keeps me busy---but I would love to sleep better and working out always did that for me.

0fit2
(aaaannnddd my abs will likely never look like hers,
but, darn, those are some abs! source here)

So my challenge to you is to join me for these 30 days and let’s see what happens.  Let’s try to eat right, go for walks more often and work out---whether it’s at home, in a gym or taking classes, like me.  Whatever works best for you, let’s get to the end of May with clearer minds and more toned bodies.

Who’s with me?  My goal is to work out six days a week.  This will include as many classes as possible and going for walks in the pretty weather we have here right now.

0fit3(important to remember! source: http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/fitspo)

It will be a nice reward to go to Toronto at the end of May feeling better than I did as I sit here and type this today.

xoxo,

Veronika.

0 comments:

Post a Comment