Weekend Shopping: Saks, Lululemon, Zara

So I'm kind of excited right now because I just got flash seats to the NKOTBSB concert tonight. I was a HUGE BSB fan back in the day (I even met them in 8th grade!)  and I can't wait.  I totally forgot they were coming and then I saw all of these Facebook posts about it and I just knew I had to go. So I got myself some $25 seats way in the 400's but I don't care. I'm going to go alone and LOVE it!

My H and I went to the mall today. Among other things, I had some returns to make:

1. My white American Eagle shorts. I decided I wanted shorts that were a bit looser in the thigh area and those were fitted. They didn't look bad, I just found myself never feeling eager to wear them, so back they went!

2. My Tiffany bead bracelet---I exchanged it for a new one because the one I got turned a weird orange/gold shade after I wore it once for only like 5 hours. Not okay. So they gave me a new one and it's nice and shiny again.  The salesperson told me it could be because of lotions, etc...but I don't use lotion. I also bought Tiffany's silver polish/cleaner.

3. My NARS "Albatross" highlighter. Okay, so this one's weird.  I got it a few weeks ago and have been using it and love it...and then one day I open the compact and the entire thing just breaks into pieces. I hadn't dropped it or anything, it just broke into about 5 pieces.  So I exchanged it for a new one.

Okay, now to the actual purchases.  Well my friends, today was a good day, I must say. One of my dreams came true.  Several months ago (over 6 months at least) I saw this gorgeous BCBG dress at Saks Fifth Avenue but it was $388...plus tax, over $400. I couldn't justify it. 

So today, as we were leaving the mall (we always park at Saks), I see THE dress on the "extra 40% off rack."  It was marked down to $233.99, plus an additional 40% off.  Of course, nothing in life is perfect and the only sizes they had were a 2 and an 8.

The size 2 fit perfectly. It was like a GLOVE on my body. BUT...it was too short.
Like so short I could never justify it because it could not be worn to any work-related events.  The dress is white, so I can't wear it to weddings, so it had to be long enough to work for a variety of occasions. The waist on the 8 was huge on me, but the length was PERFECT (it's always so hard for me to find party/formal dresses that are an appropriate length.)

So, I bought the 8 and I'm having it altered to fit in the waist area. It will have to be taken in several inches, but the length is just perfect on my 5'10 frame.

Here it is, in all its loveliness:


Edited to add this photo (I realized I had taken a picture of myself in the size 2 dress---so this is how it should fit once altered, but it will be longer!)

The dress cost $150 total, which I think is great considering the detail of the dress and that it was originally $400.

The second thing I got today are these ADORABLE shorts from Lululemon.  Since I work out so much, I'm building my collection so I can have more options and don't have to wash the same pair all the time.  These have a cute scalloping detail at the pockets and are a different material than most Lululemon shorts...the girls there called them "board shorts." They were marked at $58 but I think the price was wrong because I got them for $47. They are called the "Paradise Short Short," but something I actually love about them is that they are a little LONGER than most lulu shorts:

(Yes, my bellybutton has two holes in it. I regretfully had both the top and bottom pierced and now I have scars from it. I am having them fixed after I have kids, thank goodness!)

Lastly, I bought this pretty top from Zara. They are having their summer sale so it was reduced to $29.99 from $59.90.  I just love anything that looks sort of lacy...if you couldn't already tell...


Okay, I'm editing this entry AGAIN because I realized I forgot to add one purchase!  I got this adorable crochet-style bikini at Victoria's Secret!  As soon as I saw it in the swimwear section I knew I had to try it on. It's a bright pink crochet-style bikini (but lined with normal swimsuit material) and it had gold tie strings and there is a bit of gold woven through the crochet. So different and pretty.  The tie bottoms are very flattering too---especially for girls who are curvier and have hips!



Did YOU score any good deals this weekend? I noticed that a ton of stores were doing 40% off---Banana Republic, Ann Taylor, LOFT, etc...

I am looking forward to the 4th of July sales. We are going to Austin again but we will likely stop at the outlets on the way home because I always like to check out Kate Spade since they get new stock in pretty often and they usually do 40% off during holiday sales.

xoxo,

Veronika.

PS- Have you ever bought something that had to be altered? The only garment I've ever had altered is my wedding gown...so I don't know what to expect.

0 comments:

Post a Comment