37 weeks! FULL TERM

I was so blown away by all of the thoughtful and sweet comments on my last pregnancy update post---thank you so much to all of you who took the time to leave a comment or email me about your breastfeeding experience. It was so nice to hear from mommas in similar situations to me and I'm so glad to have gotten so much encouragement and support from so many of you. A million thanks!

I'm two weeks out from my due date today and emotionally I'm in a place where it all feels really surreal.  The birth of the baby still feels far away (it's not!) and for some reason it's so hard for me to picture this beautiful life growing inside of me actually being in my arms soon.  


I think that if you've always wanted to be a mom, you kind of picture what your life might be like with a baby but now that it's so close, it's hard to actually imagine the moment where I'll first see her face and hold her tiny little body.  I am so excited and have so much anticipation for that incredible, life-changing moment, but like I said, it feels very surreal. It doesn't help that I was watching Holly Madison's E Special about the birth of her baby while writing this post...definitely teared up a little when the doctor placed her baby on her chest after birth. 


In terms of being prepared for our little arrival, the nursery is done, but I'm going to post the photos after her arrival because her name is in there.  Speaking of the name---I've gotten a lot of questions about it. What I can tell you is that we've had her name picked out for about four years now. I've kept a list of baby names we love on my iPhone for a long time and when we found out it was a girl we knew immediately the name we were going to choose.  We've been calling her by her name since we found out she's a she and we already have about 17 nicknames for her (yep, we're those people!) 


All of the newborn and 0-3 size clothing is washed and most of the essentials have arrived at our doorstep (thanks, Amazon!) We've assembled the pack n' play, swing, bouncer, etc and our carseat is being installed this weekend. It feels good to have most of the major items taken care of. 



Some of her clothing--I have it all divided by size. Up until last week I only had about four pieces of newborn and 0-3 clothing so I ordered more online and my mother in law got us some awesome stuff as well. Everyone told me to buy bigger sizes and then I realized I didn't have anything for her to wear those first few months.  I kept the tags on the larger clothing like a lot of you recommended in case she outgrows it before she has a chance to wear it. I made little sizing tags out of scrapbook paper (you can see them above) to divide up all of the sizes too.

I know babies need to be changed a lot when they are little so I also have some simple/plain onesies in newborn and 0-3 sizes in her dresser.


I got this cute little hanger thing at Marshalls Home Goods and I had my husband install it in her closet to hang all of her hooded towels from it. I got each towel as a gift at my baby showers so they are extra special!

Also...how cute is this hat? (from The Tiny Toppers on Etsy.com) I bought it for her newborn photos!


I still haven't fully packed my hospital bag but it should be done soon...usually I'm so prepared for everything but I guess the whole "so surreal" feeling has kept me from having a strong sense of urgency. I figure if I went into labor early I could just toss most of what I need into my hospital bag and go.

In terms of how I'm feeling these days...it is what it is, ha. My hands and feet have swollen up a bit, my back hurts, almost all positions are uncomfortable to sit in and I'm still feeling a lot of pressure down low---but hey, two weeks out, I can't really expect anything else.


I'll find out at my OB appointment on Thursday if I've made any progress---last week the baby was low and my cervix was softening. My OB won't let me go past 41 weeks so I will definitely have the baby sometime before June 5th.  


How far along? 37 weeks (I do these a week behind as a recap of the previous week, so I'm actually 38 weeks today).  

Total weight gain/loss: I've gained about 27 pounds now. 


Maternity clothes? I am still wearing non-maternity tops (aside from the Liz Lange tanks) and maxi dresses and my GAP skinny maternity pants. Ladies who are thinking of becoming pregnant one day---hang on to all of those looser tops and tunics you bought because they will get you through your entire pregnancy.

Stretch marks? Still none. I'm using Belli's Elasticity Belly Oil and Mustela double-action stretch mark cream in rotation. 

Symptoms: Pretty much what I mentioned above. Overall general discomfort. The other night I woke up a lot and had cramps that radiated down through my thigs and legs. It was awful.


Sleep: It's been okay. During the work week I tend to sleep better than on weekends.

Best moment this week: Feeling like things were getting done for the baby. Everything is ordered and organized. It's all coming together and that's a good feeling.  I also had a good NST test so positives all around.

 Have you told family and friends: Yes!

Miss Anything? Being comfortable


Movement: She has been pretty active lately. It's so tight in there though. Hopefully she will see the running out of space as a cue to let us welcome her into the world :)


Food cravings: Subway, candy, ice cream

Anything making you queasy or sick: Just eating large portions, so I'm trying to eat small portions very often


Have you started to show yet: All people ask these days is when I'm due.

(this was actually taken today, at 38 weeks)

Baby is a: Girl!

Belly Button in or out? Out


Wedding rings on or off? I finally stopped wearing them this week. I just wear a thin, faux band now.

Happy or Moody most of the time: I feel emotional but overall happy.

Looking forward to: My OB appointments, seeing my maternity photos, meeting our baby SOON!


Thank you for reading and for all of my pregnant readers, please feel free to check in below as well and let me know how your pregnancy is going :) I also welcome everyone's advice and comments about pregnancy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment