35 Weeks!

Today marks the 36th week of my pregnancy and it feels surreal to know that today, May 1st, will mark the baby's birth month (unless she's late and arrives in June). It has been such a pleasure to document each week and share my thoughts and feelings with all of my wonderful readers. I love reading your feedback and reading about your own pregnancies too. I also appreciate all of the product recommendations many of you have provided on my Facebook page!

I've had a pretty smooth pregnancy which I'm so thankful for but these last couple of weeks have definitely been a challenge. I finally get what people mean when they talk about how rough third trimester can be.  That home stretch seems to bring with it a slew of symptoms---constant pressure, Braxton Hicks contractions, constant bathroom visits, discomfort while sitting/standing/walking, lower back aches, cramping, waking up at 3 or 4 a.m. and not being able to sleep again..the list goes on.  Fortunately, it's such a small amount of the pregnancy that's on the rougher side and it's all worth it for the baby.

April was a really busy month for me professionally---tomorrow I'm filming a story with a national media outlet that I've been planning with producers for nearly a year, so seeing that finally come to fruition is really exciting.  The crew is flying in from New York and I have a super early morning tomorrow so I'm heading to bed early to get some rest.  I had maternity photos taken today and all of the standing and positions have really given me some lower back pain so I'm trying to take it easy since I'll be with the crew for 12 hours tomorrow. After this week, I'm ready to slow down a bit for the rest of my pregnancy. 

In other updates, the nursery is almost complete and I've also washed some clothes and blankets and my husband assembled some of the baby items we still had in boxes.  I realized when I was washing clothes that I literally had maybe five pieces of newborn and 0-3 month baby clothing. I was buying everything in larger sizes as so many people recommended, so I had to order some footed sleepers and onesies in 0-3 month sizes so the baby would actually have clothes to wear when she was born. Every mom has recommended the footed sleepers with zippers to me so hopefully they will work out!  BTW---I used the code GAP35 at checkout to get 35% off of all of my Baby Gap purchases. Not sure how long it's valid for but check it out if you're looking to buy some cute baby stuff.

I'm also in full-on nesting mode. I decided last Sunday while half-asleep on the couch that suddenly I had to spring into action and rearrange my kitchen cabinets. Totally had the husband get a step ladder so I could go all organization-freak on the cabinets. I've just been really into organizing lately, which is not unusual for me---but the unstoppable drive to organize is kind of hilarious. My husband was like "are you serious right now with this cabinet stuff?"

Speaking of cleaning an organizing, we finally hired a maid/housekeeping service.  When I first moved to Houston, I have to admit I was completely stunned to find out that a large majority of the people I met had maids or cleaning services. Even single people and married people with no children. It was definitely not the norm where I grew up and I admit I didn't "get" why people would pay someone else to clean their house when they could clean it.  I'm a weirdo who likes to clean, but admittedly, it was getting hard to keep up with it all as I got further along in my pregnancy--- just the physical nature of it and also not wanting to use certain cleaners (chemicals).  

My husband has been so awesome during pregnancy and has really gone above and beyond with pitching in---but we always knew that once we had a baby, family time would be our largest priority and to be honest, we were spending hours every weekend cleaning/maintaining the house. 

Once the baby is here we want to spend all of that extra time with her, especially since we will both be working full time, so this is a great choice for our family.  Plus, I totally get it now---coming home to a clean, sparkling home after a long day is an incredible feeling.  We are going to have our home cleaned every two weeks. It will be nice to have the extra help while I'm on leave too, since just adjusting to life with a new baby can be challenging enough without having to worry about cleaning your shower (and everything else, too).

One more thing---I got my hair done last weekend. I just added a few more ombre pieces to the underneath part of my hair and around my face. I am really happy with out it turned out! I also noticed that since I've been growing my roots out during pregnancy (I used to have them colored darker than my natural color) that I seem to have some light pieces through the top and especially in the front that appeared out of nowhere. I think it has to do with pregnancy hormones because I don't have the top colored.


How far along? 35 weeks (I do these a week behind as a recap of the previous week, so I'm actually 36 weeks today).  Just FOUR more weeks to go! EEEPPPP!

Total weight gain/loss: I will find out for sure at my 36 week appointment on Friday. I am feeling more discomfort and the baby is definitely larger so I know there is weight being put on each week.


Maternity clothes? I still live in my GAP maternity skinnies for work and maxi dresses on weekends. Also love love love long, stretchy tanks (Liz Lange for Target and Lululemon cool racerbacks) and my Tory Burch Reva flats. They've been great during pregnancy.

Stretch marks? I'm continuing to use Belli's Elasticity Belly OilMamma Mio Tummy Rub and Mustela double-action stretch mark cream in rotation. I am literally waiting for the day to see a stretch mark where my belly button piercing holes are, I just have a feeling about it with how tight it is. It's all worth it though for a precious baby.

Symptoms: Just the ones I mentioned at the beginning of my post, same as last week basically.


Sleep: Not great these days. Waking up randomly in the middle of the night and not being able to fall back asleep is becoming a regular occurrence. 

Best moment this week: Getting a good report on my fetal monitoring this week, hanging artwork in the nursery, getting more and more done for the baby.


Have you told family and friends: Yes!


Miss Anything? Being comfortable


Movement: Baby girl has been active lately---her kicks and movements feel more intense as she gets larger and larger. I will find out at my ultrasound how big she is (approximately).


Food cravings: Honey Nut Cheerios with milk, Subway, sweets in general

Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope


Have you started to show yet: Oh yes, round and proud!



Baby is a: Girl!

Belly Button in or out? Outie but flat.


Wedding rings on or off? On---getting tight though---noticed that this week

Happy or Moody most of the time: all over the place, to be honest...I can go from happy to crying to stressed to excited....



Looking forward to: Breastfeeding and infant care classes this week and next and my 36 week OB appointment.

Thank you for reading and for all of my pregnant readers, please feel free to check in below as well and let me know how your pregnancy is going :) I also welcome everyone's advice and comments about pregnancy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment