Baby Shower #2

What an amazing weekend I've had!  It all started on Thursday night when Heather arrived from Toronto.  We immediately went out for delicious Mexican food (everyone who visits wants to do this first thing!) and then we spent the rest of the night relaxing and catching up.

Friday morning, Heather and I headed to hotel ZaZa to visit the spa and treat ourselves to manis and pedis.  It was really relaxing and it was nice to have a full day of girl time.  We ended up staying at the hotel for a bit and laid out by the pool and ordered some lunch.  There was a snowstorm in Toronto on Thursday when Heather left so the warm sunny weather here was a welcome change.


After Hotel ZaZa, we drove to the 290 outlets to do a little shopping.  There were so many amazing sales and Heather got some beautiful items from Kate Spade and Tory Burch. I couldn't resist Kate Spade's 40% off sale so I also picked up a few items---I'll share those in an upcoming post. 

The next morning was the day of my baby shower and I was so excited to see my friends and enjoy yummy food.  Candice did such an amazing job putting everything together and I'm so thankful to have her as a friend. It was so wonderful to spend time with everyone and I got a lot of great advice from the mommas at the shower---some of the gals had babies within the last two years so I always love getting feedback about which baby products they love.

Here are some photos from the shower...

Delicious food---mini sandwiches, caprese salad, fruit and scones

made-from-scratch lemon raspberry cupcakes my friend and awesome co-worker baked

mimosas and champagne with frozen raspberries


All of the girls


 Before all of the guests arrived...we had a little fun with the balloons...
okay, a lot of fun...



 I love these pictures so much!  I will probably end up framing a few of them eventually.

After the shower, Heather and I headed to the Galleria to do a little more shopping (the prices are a lot better here in the US) and then we headed home to get ready for dinner.  We went to Katsuya in West Ave. and it was amazing.  Heather and Kevin enjoyed amazing sushi and sake and I absolutely loved the chicken dish our waiter recommended and I also had a delicious salad with miso dressing and an incredible dessert called Fuji apple. I have to give a major thank-you to our waiter---"Tall Paul."  He is honestly the nicest waiter I've ever had. He's passionate and knows what he's talking about with all of his recommendations.  He made our dining experience even better with his great attitude and approachability.  We had never been to Katsuya---it has a really nice vibe, pretty decor and most importantly the food is top notch. I would definitely recommend it if you are in the area---and ask for Tall Paul---he's the best! :)

We finished off our weekend with brunch at Backstreet Cafe this morning (also delicious, one of my faves!) and then we took Heather to the airport to make her flight.  I'm so glad she visited.


In front of Backstreet Cafe


I hope you all had an amazing weekend and thank you for reading!

0 comments:

Post a Comment