A Hairstyle for Spring!

If you read my recent updated hair routine post, you know that I'm pretty set in my ways when it comes to my hair---I always wear my hair down at work and either blown-out or curled with a curling iron, depending on the day.

When I saw the video below by It's Judy Time, I thought the braided headband look was really cute for spring. I was a little intimidated to re-create it because it looked complicated at first glance.  I watched the video a few times and followed it step-by-step and found that the trickiest part was creating the twists with the clockwise/counter-clockwise turns and pinning them into place. But I think the effect it gives is worth the extra time you'll spend perfecting them!

Several of my coworkers noticed my new do today so this is definitely a fun look if you're like me and you hardly ever switch it up.




I used my Hot Tools curling iron to create the curls, a teasing comb and my L'Oreal Elnett hairspray (the same hairspray Judy used in the tutorial). This style would be perfect for spring and summer weddings and I like that I can still wear my hair down but with added interest and texture. 

The finished look!


I think there are lots of ways this style can be adapted too---like creating the twists and then pinning them to either side of your hear versus making a "faux headband" or just doing twists on one side and leaving the other side loose.  

Would you try this hairstyle? Check out the video above and let me know if you were inspired to prettify your hair for spring!

0 comments:

Post a Comment