How to Get Perfect Loose Curls with One Product! Bumble & Bumble Texture Creme Rave!

I don't want the title of this post to be deceiving, so here is the disclaimer:  this is a post about how to get loose curls on hair that has been styled and slept on.


I made this discovery by accident over the weekend. I woke up Sunday morning with some fourth day hair and I didn't want to do anything to it. No styling, no heat. I had curled my hair the day before, so my hair still held some of that curl but it didn't look as good an defined after being slept on.

So I sprayed dry shampoo on my roots (I used both Serge Normant Meta Revive and Suave) and I also used a tiny bit of baby powder).  Once the dry shampoos set, I brushed out my hair with a paddle brush. This takes out some of the waves, but here's where the miracle product comes in.

Yes, my friends, it's the Bumble & Bumble's Texture Creme that has been hanging out in my hair product drawer for the last few months.  I have finally found the optimal use for it, by accident.

 


After brushing out my hair, I put a little bit of the Bumble & Bumble Texture Creme in my palm and then I rub the product between my hands. Then, I apply it all over my hair, focusing on the hair from the nape of my neck down to my ends.  I apply it normally, just going from the top to the bottom of the hair shaft (kind of "dragging" the product through my hair, but gently).

Then (and this is KEY) I scrunch my hair. Like old-school-style scrunching.  The Bumble & Bumble Texture Creme somehow revived my slept-on and messy waves, even after they had been been brushed out (you need to brush your hair if you want a smoother "blown out" look...you can skip brushing if you want a beachier look, but I still recommend using dry shampoo on the roots). The texture creme also defines waves beautifully. 

I tried it again this morning on third day hair, and once again, this method worked like a charm and I actually snapped photos this time.  I am so glad my weekend encounter with this product will turn into a long-term relationship.





The only part I very quickly re-curled this morning are the two very front pieces.  I am so glad to have found this method because this means two less days of heat on my hair a week!  I never imagined my hair could look so styled with such little effort!



If you have some natural wave or curl, this method could also work for you to achieve a similar look, as long as you use it on dry hair (and ideally, second or third day hair).

I hope this tip helps anyone who is a few times a week hair washer like me!  There are many ways to use this product and Bumble and Bumble has a ton of helpful tutorials on their YouTube Channel.



I definitely recommend this product and I'm glad it comes in such a big tube because I will be using it a lot more from now on!

xoxo,

Veronika.

PS-  AWESOME APP ALERT!  My friend Stephanie over at Graded on a Curve told me about this awesome iPhone app called "CrossProcess."  It color processes your photos and I used it for the photos in this post to show you all. Definitely worth the $1.99 and it saves all of your photos to your camera roll!  Learn more here. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment