Home Tour: Updates w/ Furniture & Decor

I am excited to share with you a photo-tour of our new home with furniture and decor!  I took these over the weekend after cleaning like a maniac.

Dark hardwood floors are beautiful, but I've never vacuumed so much in my life.  Because our second floor is basically one long rectangle, the vacuuming is actually pretty easy so no complaints here. 

I'm going to show the home by room, working from the first floor, to the third floor. Remember, you can click on any of the photos to enlarge them.  You'll see some temporary blinds in our home right now---and I have to give a quick shout-out to Ready Shade blinds...it's like $10 a pack and they are amazing.  We plan to get curtains but until then, these are doing the trick!

So here is our guest bedroom that is downstairs on the first floor of our home.  It has french doors both leading into it and leading out to our backyard.
This is the guest bath

When you go up these stairs to our second floor, you say HI to Lulu:

Behind Lulu is where our half bath is. I love that we have one on this floor because we spend so much time in the living room/kitchen/dining area and it's nice not to have to go upstairs to use the bathroom. It's great for when we have guests too!

Next up, immediately to your right as you go up the stairs is our kitchen:

counter-height bar stools were a total steal at IKEA!  Absolutely love them and glad we went with something light since everything else is so dark. It creates a lovely contrast.

Next up is our dining area. It's small and I think I'll eventually switch out that table, but honestly, we just really love eating at the island in our kitchen.

We also have this great little nook that we can use to display things in the area on the left of the picture above. Eventually I'll figure out what I want to put there, but for now, there's a picure frame, glass canister and candle.


Our living room is where we relax, watch TV and where I blog!  It has doors that go out to a small balcony. We haven't purchased anything to go on the balcony yet but since it's end of season it might be a good time to check out the sales.

 New pillow from Marshalls Home Goods for $14.99!


That's our entire second floor. Heading up to our third floor, you'll find my messy office (with remnants from my hail video over the weekend still there)

Then, down the hallway you'll find our master bedroom, bath and closets:

(As a side note, our home was a model so many of the walls are painted already---I plan to change it eventually---though I love the walls in the living room, kitchen and master bath...
I may change the master and the guest room)

My new IKEA HEMNES dresser. Fits SO much stuff!

Here are some additional shots of my closet, which is right off the master bath,
which you'll see in just a moment:
And here is our master bath. I love the wall color a lot, as mentioned above.
It's all travertine tile and counter tops.



Well ladies, that's everything!  I hope you enjoyed this little tour and I can't wait to share our updates and little projects with you all.  We feel settled into our home now and that's a wonderful feeling.


xoxo,


Veronika.

0 comments:

Post a Comment