Seriously, I Promise I'll Stop (Little Haul)

I need to stop shopping. As good, responsible and sale-hungry as I am, I just need to stop shopping. I have everything I need at this point. I broke my Jessica Simpson heels a few weeks ago at work. I tripped on a rug and flew forward out of my shoes which cause the inner and outer side of the shoes to get little slits in them that are now full-on rips so they fall off of my feet.

I tried to find shoes yesterday but I didn't find any I liked. I went to Memorial City mall today and Macy's had lots of shoes on sale so I got one classic black pump (Jessica Simpson) and a pair of Michael Kors Sandals that I've been in love with forever and were finally on sale. At least you could say I needed new shoes. I also had my new watch size-adjusted when I was there! yay!

I actually only own about 10 pairs of shoes total. This doesn't include old grungy flats I don't wear or flip-flops. But maybe 8-10 actual heels/dressier shoes. For someone who loves fashion so much, you'd think I'd be more into shoes (and handbags) but I actually own very little of both. I don't even own one designer bag. I just get something that looks designer-esque at Aldo and call it a day. I do love purses, but I can never bring myself to pay so much for one. I do really love Michael Kors purses, so I might watch out for some of the styles I like to go on sale.

I promised my husband (and myself) no more shopping for at least 2 weeks. The thing is, it's not about the money. It's about treating shopping like a hobby instead of a once-in-awhile treat. I think I'd rather shop less often and feel like I really scored some great stuff than shop every Saturday like it's part of my weekly routine. I don't always buy a lot of things or expensive things, but I just need to focus on accomplishing some of my other goals and use my weekends to do that.

I'd like to start running in Memorial Park, for example. I could do that on a Saturday or Sunday instead of shopping, right?

Right.

Here are the lovely shoes:


And the Michael Kors (oh zippers, how I love you:)


I think both pairs will take me through spring/summer. I usually wear closed-toe shoes in the fall/winter and then open toe in the spring/summer, but if I have meetings with some of our more corporate clients, I like to have closed-toes on hand for that.

I also stopped by at Forever 21 because I had a gift card. I bought one shirt and a tank. The shirt is actually super awesome, and I'm so glad I saw it before almost leaving empty-handed. Once again, I wasn't that impressed with the selections at Forever 21. I think right now the seasons are transitioning and it's just a mish-mash of stuff.


It fits super great and the ruffles on the sleeve are the perfect touch to the otherwise simple tee. Marie Claire magazine has "ruffles" listed as a top Spring 2010 trend, so I think I'm OK to continually buy stuff with ruffles everywhere. (OMG I hope ruffles never go out of style. sigh.) It's a size small and cost $17.50.

I also picked up this purple tank for $4.50. It fits cute. Perfect for the gym. I bought it without trying it on first, so as soon as I got home I threw it on and was impressed with the fit.

Speaking of the gym/workout wear. I am obsessed with Victoria's Secret "The Lacie" panties. OMG. I stopped wearing thongs when the whole boy undie/cheeky craze began (even Cosmo Mag recently declared "The Thong is Over") but let me tell you, The Lacie is not your typical thong. It is the most comfortable one you will ever wear. I absolutely love them and picked up 3 more today. They actually work perfectly under all pants, especially workout pants, you can't detect them at all. I know its weird because they are "sexy" thongs...but I see them as more functional than anything else and wear them to work out. They come in super-cute bright colors too. I believe I heard that they are supposed to be a cheaper version of the "Hanky-Panky" lace thongs.

So that's it...for awhile, I hope.

Do you own a lot of shoes and handbags? I know a lot of women just love to have a lot of shoes...I just try to find ones that are fairly classic so they'll look good with lots of different outfits. Let me know below!

xoxo,

Veronika.

0 comments:

Post a Comment