3 things: & an OOTD

I'll start my post by first making 3 updates:

1. First days of Clarisonic use

2. Stila "Petunia" cream blush review

3. Eyelash curler discussion and photo evidence- if you don't have one, get one NOW
(this should really have a separate post, but I'm feeling word-y today)

...and then I'll post my outfit(s) of the day.

So without further ado, here we go:


I used my Clarisonic for the first time on Sunday night, and so far, so good. I used it with a combination of La Roche Posay's Effaclar Gel Cleanser and Neutrogena Acne Stress Control Foaming Face Wash.


Pros:

Makes skin very clean

Makes skin feel smooth and you can tell your products absorb better

My makeup went on very smoothly the next day
Feels good on your skin
Removes dead skin and flakes

Mia model is smaller, so no big charger on my sink area


Cons:

When I use it around my nose, it really, really tickles

The Mia model turns off after 1 minute, so I have to turn it back on for more cleansing

I will continue to make regular updates about my Clarisonic use. I have good skin right now,
I just want great skin. I know a few people had left comments to a previous post where I (dramatically) complained a bit about my skin, but when it comes down to it, I do feel lucky to have good skin. Having had cystic acne in the past, I know what real bad skin looks and feels like. I apologize if I confused anyone in any previous posts. I do have some unevenness and things I dislike about my skin, but in general I have good skin (especially compared to what it was.)

My hopes for the Clarisonic are:
Improvement of pore size (smaller)

More even skin tone

Prevention of fine lines
Better product absorption/effectiveness

No flaking/dryness on skin

Now for the
Stila convertible lip and cheek color in "Petunia". I have used this as a blush for the past few days, and it literally shot right up to my number one mostfavoriteblushever. I apply it using a MAC travel size duo-fiber brush, and then I blend it with a clean Sigma duo fiber brush to give it a perfectly blended apperance. Note: I wear this over powder and bronzer.

It lasts ALL day (even through an hour of pilates) and it really gives your skin a translucent pink-y/peach glow to it. I have no idea how I hadn't discovered this product a long time ago. I was always so afraid of using cream blushes because I tend to get a bit oily, but this doesn't make my skin oily at all. In fact, I've noticed I haven't had to blot at all in my cheek area when I wear this.

I absolutely love this blush and plan to buy more cream blushes because of this product. The color is so incredible. I tried to take pictures of it for the blog, but sadly, my lighting or something was off because it hardly showed up, whereas in real life, you can totally see a pop of color. The thing I love most is that this blush shows a pop of color while still remaining glow-y and translucent. It shows your real skin through, yet still adds color and dimension.

I also love it as a lip color. I wear it under my MAC lip conditioner in "Feelin' Good." Do I recommend this blush? Absolutely. I also have to mention I love the packaging. Pretty and easy to toss into your purse or makeup bag without having to worry. I think the key to cream blushes is application technique. I am all about the duo fiber brushes. I first deposit the color onto the brush, and then onto the top of my left hand to make sure I don't have too much product. Then to cheeks, and blend blend blend.

Item number 3 was prompted by a picture I took of myself where my lashes were so incredibly curled, I thought I had to show it to my readers to convince anyone that doesn't have an eyelash curler that they absolutely MUST invest in one. I've written about this beauty miracle tool before, but to summarize:
Shu Uemura's eyelash curler is your best investment. Blast for a few seconds with your hairdryer, curl lashes, apply mascara, and done!
You can click the photo to enlarge it. Do you SEE those lashes? I absolutely love how wide open and awake my eyes look just from this simple step! Ladies- if you have $20, please invest in this incredible tool. You will thank me, I promise!

Now for 2 outfits of the day:
I wore this one on Monday:


Top: Macy's; Skirt: Ann Taylor; Cardigan: Express

Today I just wore something really simple. Black dress pants, top and sweater.

Bottoms: Express; Top: Club Monaco; Sweater: Forever 21

Questions? Comments? Please leave them below! I love reading your comments :) As a reminder, Leah is still answering questions in yesterday's Motivation Mondays post.

xoxo,

Veronika.

0 comments:

Post a Comment